Shark Week screams sharks. However, there is also an overwhelming need to stay safe from those sharks so I came up with a fun and tasty treat to sever as a reminder. These Life Preserver Donuts are easy, cute, and tasty! Plus they will safe you from all those gummy sharks you are bound to eat!
I loved making these with my son because they are so easy to make! Really you just need 2 inexpensive ingredients and in the end, they look so adorable!
These are perfect for shark week, a shark party, a beach themed party, or even as a tasty mid-afternoon treat! Enjoy!
Ingredients Needed to Make Life Preserver Donuts:
- Hostess Powereded Donuts
- Wilton Red Decorating Gel
How to Make Life Preserver Donuts:
- Remove donuts from package and lay onto parchment paper or a paper towel.
- Open your red decorating gel and snip off the tip.
- Firmly press on the tube and draw a line of red decorating gel across the donut. You want to make an X but leave the middle of the donut open (meaning do not apply gel to the middle of the donut)
- Allow the gel to dry before placing into a container or bag.
- Serve and Enjoy!