Facebook Jail is a tough place to be in especially if you are a business owner that relies on Facebook to reach new customers, like myself. One of the best ways to do that has been using album sales in addition to my live sales. However, this is one of those well-known ways to get a quick ticket to Facebook Jail (and you don’t get to pass GO or collect $200). So, today I am going to share How to Host a LuLaRoe Album Sale all while avoiding Facebook jail to begin with.
How to Host a LuLaRoe Album Sale
Let’s first truly understand why hosting an album sale right on Facebook can cause your account to be in what is known as “Facebook Jail”. Facebook Jail is a term used for when you are doing something they find spammy and they block your account from using certain features. Sometimes this can last 24 hours while other times it lasts 30 days. I recently was in that 30 day lock up and let me tell you, it is not a fun place to be in. Now, Facebook will never truly tell you WHY you were thrown into jail but whatever you were doing before you were thrown in, is a good reference on what NOT to do again. So, this brings me back to album sales…
When you host an album sale directly on Facebook (whether your group is public or closed) you are seen as spam due to the amount of posting and photos you are uploading at one time. Sure, you can slowly load items over the course of a few hours to try to avoid it but that doesn’t always help. If Facebook feels at all that you are spamming their community, your account will be thrown into jail. Yes, you can create a dummy account (which will likely be deleted) or allow another admin of your group to upload but then you risk their account getting thrown into jail too. I’ve even seen some groups go completely blank for days while the admin’s account is in jail. So be careful!
The Better Alternative
While I have loved the album feature on Facebook, the risk is far too high when posting albums directly on the platform. So now, I use a program called RoeMeOh! It’s catchy and fun to say, right?
RoeMeOh! is a platform where LuLaRoe Retailers can take charge of their sales with dashboard reporting, order management, and online and in-home Pop-Up features. The interface is user-friendly and easy to use. Plus, it won’t cost you an arm and a leg. They offer 2 pricing plans (shown below) and you can get 50% off your first month with code “simplistically“. In my opinion, that is a small price to pay to avoid Facebook jail.
How it Works:
- Sign-up for an account here. Remember to use code “simplistically” during sign-up for 50% off your first month or try the 14-day trial.
- Take pictures of your inventory (if haven’t already) and then organize them in folders on your desktop. Inside the “style” folders, I also organize them by “size”. Mine look like this:
- Login to your RoeMeOh! account and click the little tag icon (as shown below) then “in stock” then “add inventory”.
- From there, click on the style you want to add. For example, if you want to upload Azures’s click “Azure” and then start to upload by size. I am uploading L Azure’s in the image below. Once the images are uploaded, click “add items to inventory” and they are now added to your account.
- Repeat steps above for each style and size you carry.
- Once complete, it’s time to host your first online album sale. You can do this by going to the shopping cart icon and click “online pop-ups” then “schedule new pop-up”. Follow the prompt to edit all your information about the pop-up. You can change the header image and text as well.
- Select the styles you want to show in this album sale. You can choose all of your styles or just a few. You can see below I selected only skirts for my last pop-up.
- Now all that is left to do, is advertise your album sale! The “party link” is easy to copy and paste into your VIP group so shoppers can browse your albums and claim items they wish to purchase.
- You will get notified when someone checks out. You invoice as normal through the Bless app and can move your orders from “pending” to “invoiced” and then even to “paid” or “shipped” once those have been completed.
- As inventory is sold, it is removed from your account so you don’t accidentally oversell your items (how many times has that happened to you?). I then also delete them from the folders on my computer so everything stays current and organized.
And that is the basics on How to Host a LuLaRoe Album Sale using RoeMeOh! and while avoiding Facebook jail. There is definitely other features you will want to learn and play around with when using RoeMeOh! a great place to start is their features page, their user guide, and of course, YouTube.
And if you have any questions, feel free to comment below!
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post. However, that does not reflect my personal opinions reflected in this post. I truly use and love RoeMeOh! for my own album sales 🙂