Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#BOOItForward #CollectiveBias
Halloween is almost here and while we all are thinking creepy and scary ways to spook our friends, but we can also be thinking about fun ways to spread Halloween cheer! This year I heard about something I thought was so neat it’s called a BOO Kit. Have you heard of it before? Don’t worry if you haven’t because I am sharing with you how you can Make Your Own BOO Kit!
Before I share with you how to make one I want to explain exactly what a BOO Kit is. A BOO Kit is a bundle of treats given to a neighbor, friend, or family member. You include a BOO Kit card and then encourage them to spread the fun and gift a BOO Kit to someone else. It’s a random act of kindness that can encourage others to give and pass it forward. I had never heard of it until recently but I completely fell in love with the idea and think it’s perfect this time of year!
Now that you know what a BOO Kit is, do you want to make one? Sure you do! Keep reading to learn how you can!
Supplies Needed to Make a BOO Kit:
- Bag of Mars Chocolate Mix Fun Size Candy
- 7UP® 8oz 6pk (Halloween Cans) Print a coupon to save on these HERE!
- Sunkist® 8oz 6pk (Halloween Cans)
- Free Printable BOO Kit Card & Sign
- Bag or Bowl (I found mine in the party section)
- Tissue Paper
- Filler Items (I used krazy Halloween straws, a cute hanging sign, and some Halloween themed glow sticks)
How to Make a BOO Kit:
- Print your BOO Kit Card and Sign. You can download and print one for free here. Then 1. Cut out this “We’ve been BOO’d sign. 2. Fold the “You’ve been BOO’d” greeting card (page 2) and tape openings together. 3. Include the card and sign when gifting BOO bundles.
- Open your bag and place a layer of tissue paper in the bottom.
- Arrange your soda and candy. Fill it up as much as your chosen bag/container will hold.
- Place another layer of tissue paper over the top of the candy and soda. Remember you want it to be somewhat of a surprise!
- Finish off the top with some filler items like straws, glow sticks, a cute BOO sign, and of course the BOO Kit Card so your recipient knows what to do.
- Gift it to your recipient and want the BOOING fun begin!
I do want to mention that all the supplies I used to make this BOO Kit can be found right at Walmart! You can find the bags, candy, and filler items in the Halloween section of Walmart. The Halloween soda cans can be found right down the soda isle.
I sure hope you will give this a try! Would love to hear if this is a tradition you already do!