This Match Pumpkin Cheesecake is a decadent and rich cheesecake recipe that marries matcha and pumpkin into a luscious treat, creating the perfect crowd-pleaser!
Before you make this recipe I have to tell you, it takes several hours to make but, it is entirely worth it! This really is one of those “worth the wait” recipes.
I have to say, when I first gave it a try, I thought the matcha and pumpkin would be a strange combination but it is actually quite tasty and this has instantly become one of our favorite desserts to make.
Want more dessert recipe ideas? Check out:
- No Bake Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake Shooters
- Very Berry Cheesecake Jars
- Easy Dessert Bar Recipes
- Dr. Pepper Dessert Recipes
- Classic Victoria Sponge Cake
How to Make Matcha Pumpkin Cheesecake:
- 2 (5.3 oz) packs - Walkers Pure Butter Shortbread Cookies
- 6 tbs butter, melted (this is brand my fave to use)
- 4 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbs culinary grade matcha
- 1 (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Optional toppings: whipped cream, ice cream, matcha powder, white chocolate shavings
- Important step: play your favorite playlist! Set the mood so you can bake this treat with so matcha love! *Hey Siri, play Sabrina Claudio*
- In a food processor or blender, grind shortbread cookies into crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine shortbread cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-inch cheesecake springform pan. It'll feel like there's too much butter, but believe me there's no such thing as too much butter 🙂
- Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until set and slightly brown. Set aside to cool off.
- In a large bowl, beat 2 packs of cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time until they're blended. Add 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla, beat on low speed until mixture is smooth. Scoop out 1/2 cup of this batter and place into a small bowl, set aside. Sift 2 tbs of matcha powder into the large bowl and combine, set aside. Note: sifting your matcha is an important step to avoid large clumps in your batter.
- In separate large bowl, beat the remaining 2 packs of cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 2 eggs, one at a time until blended. Add 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin spice.
- Spread the matcha cheesecake batter into the bottom cooled baking pan.
- Add the pumpkin mixture over the matcha cheesecake mixture. Remember that small bowl of white cheesecake batter you set aside, add scoops of it over your matcha and pumpkin batter. Use a sharp knife or latte art etching tools to create a beautiful design on top of your cheesecake. Running a knife or using etching tools throughout your cheesecake creates a beautiful marbling effect once you bake and cut into the cake.
- Bake at 325° until the edges are set but the center still jiggles slightly, approximately 1 hour, 45 mins. Check on your cheesecake periodically.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and cool completely, 2 to 3 hours. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve & enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from Jade Leaf Matcha.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 519 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 178mg Sodium: 223mg Carbohydrates: 66g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 64g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g