If you’ve ever dreamt of living near the sea, these Mermaid Jello Shots are the perfect way to get you closer to that dream! They are made with vodka, grape pucker schnapps and few other ingredients to make a one-of-a-kind adult-only treat!
Mermaid Jello Shots
Jello Shots are something that are perfect any time of the year but I like to change up the flavors and styles as the seasons change.
For Halloween, I love my Eyeball Jello Shots, For Cinco De Mayo, these Tequila Lime Jello Shots are perfect, Champagne Jello Shots are perfect for any special or elegant occasion and of course, for summer, these Mermaid Jello Shots are perfect!
Serve these up at any adult party, pool party or really, anytime you want something cute and boozy. They are sure to be a hit!
How to Make Mermaid Jello Shots
This recipe uses purple grape jello and mermaid colored sprinkles with mermaid tail sprinkles to make this fun boozy treat.
It’s as easy as mixing gelatin mix, alcohol, water and a few other ingredients in a bowl then pouring into a pan and sticking in the fridge until firm.
If you’d rather, you can also remove the alcohol from this recipe and just make them regular. Just swap the alcohol for additional sparkling grape juice.
Enjoy your tasty mermaid jello shots!
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin powder (equal to 1 tablespoon)
- 1 box grape Jello
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 ounces grape pucker schnapps
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 cup sparkling cider or champagne
- 1 8x8 square pan
- Multi-colored sugar or sprinkles for garnish, if desired
- Candy mermaid tails
- In a small mixing bowl add unflavored gelatin powder. Add 1/2 cup cold water. Soak the gelatin for 2 minutes. Whisk until dissolved.
- Add 1 cup of hot water and grape Jello to the bowl. Whisk until everything is dissolved.
- Add grape pucker schnapps, lemon juice, vodka and champagne. Whisk to combine.
- Spray pan with cooking spray oil and wipe. This will leave just enough oil to keep the Jello from sticking to the pan. Pour Jello into pan and place in fridge for about an hour, or until very firm.
- Take a knife and gently go around the edges of the Jello. Place a large plate or cutting board on top of pan and flip over and life up the pan. The Jello should slide right out of the pan. Cut the Jello into squares with a large knife.
- Garnish with colored sugar and/or sprinkles and mermaid tails if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!