These Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars prove that when mint and chocolate come together it’s a beautiful thing!
How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
If you love mint, chocolate and cheesecake (not necessarily in that order) you are going to love these cookie bars.
They are quite easy to make, look fancy and make the perfect dessert to serve up for any occasion. Although, I will suggest, these would be perfect for St. Patrick’s Day since they are so green!
Want more tasty Dessert Recipes? Say no more!
For The Cookie Bar:
- 2 sticks of Butter - softened
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 3 cups of Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
- Green Food Coloring Gel
For The Cheesecake Filling:
- 3 packages of Cream Cheese - 8 ounces per package - softened
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tablespoon of Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 2 drops of Peppermint Flavoring
- 1 cup of Milk Chocolate Chips
- In a mixing bowl, or a food processor, place the Butter, Sugar, Vanilla, and Egg, and mix, or blend until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Flour, and Baking Powder, and add to the mixing bowl a little at a time until you've added all the flour, and mixed to blend.
- Using the Paddle attachment, add several drops of Green Food Coloring Gel, and mix until well blended
- Line a 9 X 13 inch dish with Parchment paper, and press the dough evenly into the bottom of the dish.
- Bake the cookie bar dough at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the dish to wire rack to cool.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the Whipping cream, and a heaping Tablespoon of Powdered Sugar, and whip the Cream until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the Whipped Cream to a smaller dish, and place it in the refrigerator.
- Place the softened Cream Cheese in the mixing bowl, and add the Sugar, and Vanilla and blend until the cheesecake filling is smooth and creamy. Remove the Whipping Cream from the refrigerator, and add it to the mixing bowl. Blend until the Cheesecake filling is smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the Peppermint Flavoring to the mixing bowl, and blend to mix.
- Add several drops of the Green Food Coloring Gel, and mix to blend.
- Add the Chocolate Chips, and fold gently to mix.
- Place the mixing bowl in the refrigerator until the Cookie dough baked in the dish is completely cool.
- When the dough is cool, pour the Cheesecake filling on top of the cooled Cookie Dough, and smooth the top with the back of a spoon, or spatula.
- Place the Cookie Bars in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to set.
- When time to serve, cut into 3 X 3 inch bars, and place a few Chocolate Chips on top of each bar.
- Serve, and Enjoy!