It’s never too early to start planning for future holidays. St. Patrick’s Day is all about green and these Mint Oreo Truffles are a perfect treat to celebrate this day of luck!
If you haven’t ever made Oreo truffles you are in for a treat! They are absolutely delicious and consider this your warning: they are ADDICTING! I’ve made them several times and couldn’t stay away. So if you are dieting these might not be the best treat for you but eating them in moderation will be okay. 🙂
Although this recipe is made using the mint Oreos you can use the same recipe to make them with any of the oreos. Mint just so happens to be my favorite!
Supplies Needed to Make Mint Oreo Truffles:
- 1 (15.25 oz) package Mint Crème Oreos
- 8 ounces softended cream cheese (allow to reach room temperature before using)
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts
- Sprinkles and green candy melts (optional)
How to Make Mint Oreo Truffles:
- Place the Oreos (entire cookie including filling) in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbs are formed and you reach a fine consistency.
- Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the Oreo crumbs with the cream cheese until well combined. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
- Using your hands, roll the mixture into small balls roughly 1 inch in diameter and place balls on a parchment paper lined backing sheet or a silicone mat-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze the truffles for at least 30 minutes. If they are not cold and solid, the melted chocolate will not coat the balls properly.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl as directed on packaging. You can also use the double boiler method so the chocolate melts evenly. Avoid overheating as you will burn the chocolate.
- Working with one truffle at a time, completely coat the outside of each ball. To do this, simply drop a truffle into the chocolate, swirl it around with a fork and then pick it up using the fork’s prongs. Tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to allow the excess coating to drip off, and place on lined baking sheet. *If using green candy melts, coat truffle and immediately add sprinkles before coating dries. Also use to drizzle on top of chocolate coated truffles.
- Refrigerate the truffles for at least 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to cool and set.
- Truffles must always be chilled and will stay fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
You will now have some delicious Mint Oreo Truffles! Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day and any time you are feeling you need a minty treat!
20+ Kid Approved St. Patrick's Day Snacks and Recipes
Thursday 11th of June 2020
[…] Mint Oreo Truffles from Simplistically Living […]