SLLLIMMMMMEEE is all the craze right now. Whether you like it or not, kids love to be messy. So, why not let them be? This Glittered Orange Slime is the perfect craft to make all while allowing your kids to get ooey, gooey and messy!
My 4 year old son is a big fan of play-doh but to be completely honest I cannot stand the smell. Ever since I was pregnant with my youngest son I haven’t been able to tolerate the smell. That is why I sought out to make something I knew my son would enjoy but that would be something I could play with too. This slime is quick and easy to make. I will fair warn you it is messy and very sticky I suggest having your child play with it on a cutting board, plastic placemat or in a plastic storage bin like we did.
Ready for some ooey gooey mess? Check out the recipe for DIY Orange Glittered Slime below!
DIY Glittered Orange Slime
What You Will Need:
- 2 Teaspoons Borax
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Bottle of Elmer’s Glue
- 2 Drops Red Food Coloring
- 9 Drops Yellow Food Coloring
- Glitter (we used a fine silver glitter)
- Orange Essential Oil
- Mixing bowls
- In a small mixing bowl pour in 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of borax powder. Stir the ingredients together until well blended. Set your bowl aside.
- In another bowl pour in the entire bottle of Elmer’s white glue and pour in the 1/2 cup of water. Stir until well blended.
- Once the contents are stirred together, add in 2 drops of red food coloring and 9 drops of yellow food coloring to achieve your orange color. Add a few drops of the orange essential oil. Mix until evenly incorporated.
- Pour in a lot of glitter (about a 1/2- 1 cup full) and stir it together with your glue mixture.
- Now pour in the borax mixture from step 1 right into the middle and wait for the products to become solid.
- Grab both your hands and start squishing the slime together to make it more solid. Form it up in a ball away from the liquid and pour out the contents into the sink.
- The slime is now ready to play with. Once you’re done playing with the slime store in a mason jar or ziploc baggie to keep fresh.
I hope you all enjoy making this playful slime! This is perfect for rainy days and it would be fun to make at birthday parties. You can really use this recipe and make any color you wish!