I am planning on hosting a barbecue this 4th of July but I really wanted to make it healthier than the traditional barbecue. So I came up with this Patriotic Fruit Salad. It’s full of fresh berries and flavor. Plus there isn’t any added fat such as whipped topping. It’s Simple and delicious!
The thing I love about this recipes (aside from being delicious) is that it can be made in about 5 minutes. That means if you are invited to a gathering last-minute or just forgot to grab something to bring, you can make this and show up with something appetizingly pleasing.
This also great to make ahead of time and store into the fridge so when you feel like munching, you have a healthy option all ready to go!
Ingredients Needed to Make Patriotic Fruit Salad:
- 1 lb Strawberries, Sliced
- 1 pt Blueberries, Whole
- 2 Apples, Sliced
- 6 oz Raspberries, Whole
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Honey
How to Make Patriotic Fruit Salad:
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, and honey to make a dressing. Set aside.
- Wash, hull, and slice strawberries.
- Wash and dry raspberries and blueberries.
- Wash, core, peel and chop apples. Pro tip: Whisk together olive oil lime juice and honey to make a dressing. Set aside.
- Combine prepared fruit in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss with dressing just before serving.