It’s no secret that it’s extremely hot on the 4th of July. So while we are all enjoying our barbecues this weekend, I wanted to give you a quick and easy dessert idea: Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches! Plus it’s way a to cool down!
You know me, I love recipes that are delicious and simple to make. While ice cream sandwiches are great on their own, I wanted something a little more festive for the 4th so I just added some fun sprinkles to them. So simple and cute. In fact, let the kiddos make them on their own!
Supplies Needed to Make Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- Store-bought ice cream sandwiches (we used Klondike)
- Red and Blue M&Ms
- Red and Blue sprinkles
- Wooden Craft Sticks
- Optional: Red, White and Blue Foil Garland
How to Make Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches:
- Remove ice cream sandwiches from their packaging and allow to melt a little bit.
- It’s time to decorate! Firmly press colored M&Ms or sprinkles onto all 4 sides of an ice cream sandwich.
- Place back in freezer for 10 minutes to allow to harden.
- Meanwhile, wrap foil garland around the top of wooden craft sticks.
- Before serving, insert the decorated sticks into the middle of each sandwich.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Looking for more ways to celebrate America this 4th of July? Check out more ideas below!
Red, White and Blue Shots | Simplistically Living
Wednesday 12th of May 2021
[…] Patriotic Ice Cream Sandwiches […]