:Just because Earth Day has passed doesn’t mean we can’t save the world and still reduce, reuse and recycle our garbage. That is exactly what my thought process was when making these Plastic Bottle Flowers. If you’ve got empty plastic bottles laying around, you will want to make these!
What You Need to Make Plastic Bottle Flowers:
- Empty plastic bottles
- Bright colored craft paint (we used orange, pink and yellow)
- Green drinking straws
- Green card stock
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Foam paint brushes
- Paper plate for paint
How to Make Plastic Bottle Flowers:
- Squirt a small amount of each color paint onto a paper plate. This plate will make for easy cleaning later, trust me!
- Cut the top of the water bottle off about 2-2.5″ down from the cap.
- Dry out the inside with a paper towel.
- Hold the cap of the bottle and make a cut on the plastic with scissors every 3/4″ for the petals.
- Bend the petals upwards so they will lay flat.
- Paint your petal with a bright color paint and let dry.
- Then paint the center bottle cap of the flower yellow and let dry.
- Carefully hot glue a green straw onto the back of the flowers.
- Then cut leaves out from you green card stock and carefully glue them to the straw.
- You can now display them on your fridge or in a cute vase!