This Root Beer Float Cocktail is the perfect boozy dessert. It is layered with Rum Chata, Smirnoff whipped cream vodka, vanilla syrup and root beer to take a childhood classic and make it an adult friendly treat.
Root Beer Float Cocktail
Root Beer Floats take me back to my childhood. I used to enjoy them on hot summer nights with my grandfather.
Aside from making root beer floats with my family, I decided to take a childhood classic and take it to the next level.
I love how this drink turned out and in case you’re wondering how I got those perfect layers in the drink, don’t worry, I have a secret to tell you…
I used a tool!
How do you layer a drink successfully?
The secret to layering drinks successfully relies on two things:
- Starting with the heaviest liquid in the drink—or the liquid with the most sugar content. That gets poured as the first layer into the glass.
- A drink layering tool. Trust me, this is entirely worth the money! You can also use the upside down spoon trick but I really think this drink layering tool is a total game changer!
What alcohol goes best with root beer?
Personally, I like rum such as a Bacardi Spiced Rum or Vodka. This particular recipe uses a whipped cream flavored Vodka and Rum Chata which are equally tasty and play well with the flavors of Root Beer.
Does root beer float have alcohol?
No, plain old root beer and classic root beer floats do not have alcohol. This recipe DOES contain alcohol but that is because we add other ingredients to make it boozy.
Why I Love This Recipe
This drink has the cool and creamy taste of a root beer float with a kick of vodka and splash of rum that will take you right back to a summer BBQ.
What You Need to Make A Dirty Root Beer Float
- Torani vanilla syrup
- Rum chata
- Can of Root Beer
- Smirnoff Whipped Cream Vodka
- Reddi Whip
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Rainbow Touch Cocktail Layering Tool
How to Make A Dirty Root Beer Float
Begin with 1 tablespoon of Rum Chata in the bottom on your glass, then pour vanilla syrup on top. The two liquids will begin to mix on their own.
Using your drink layering tool, slowly pour cold root beer over that syrup layer.
After the root beer has settled, pour over your whipped cream flavored vodka, then 1 teaspoon of Rum Chata.
Top with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired.
Stir after serving and Enjoy!
Want more Cocktail Recipes? Check out:
- Pink Champagne Jello Shots
- Champagne Jello Shots
- Slow Cooker Spiked Wassail
- Strawberries & Chill Cocktail
- 1/4 Cup Torani Vanilla Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 Teaspoon Rum chata
- Can of Root Beer
- 1/4 Cup Smirnoff Whipped Cream Vodka
- Reddi Whip
- Begin with 1 tablespoon of Rum Chata in the bottom on your glass, then pour vanilla syrup on top. The two liquids will begin to mix on their own.
- Using your drink layering tool, slowly pour cold root beer over that syrup layer.
- After the root beer has settled, pour over your whipped cream flavored vodka, then 1 teaspoon of Rum Chata.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles if desired.
- Stir after serving and Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 724Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 122gFiber: 0gSugar: 122gProtein: 0g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice.