On cold days I love eating homemade soup! This Slow Cooker Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup is my personal homemade recipe (adapted from my mother’s) and I am excited to share it with you. It is so easy to make and it is certainly delicious!
A good hearty soup can warm you up and make you feel all warm inside. This soup will do just that! Plus if you are watching what you eat you will be happy to know this recipe is quite healthy. You can substitute the farfalle noodles for whole wheat noodles and make sure to choose to the low sodium bullion cubes. Other than that it is made up of water, chicken, and vegetables!
Check out the recipe below!
Supplies Needed to Make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Slow Cooker or Crock-Pot (I used my Ninja Cooking System)
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Baby Carrots
- 4 Stalks of Celery
- Chicken Bouillon Cubes (use reduced sodium for healthier option)
- Box of Farfalle (bowtie) Pasta
How to Make Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup:
- In a large pan add chicken and 2 chicken bouillon cubes. Add water until the chicken is submerged and cover and boil for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- In the meantime chop your onion and celery. You can also chop the baby carrots if you want them small but I personally think the size is just fine. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- Remove chicken from pan and place into a bowl to allow cooling to room temperature.
- Fill your slow cooker or crock-pot with water until it is ⅔ of the way full. Bring to a boil (use your hottest setting until it reaches a boil).
- Once your water is boiling, place 2-3 chicken bouillon cubes into the water and allow them to dissolve.
- Shred the cooked chicken (you can use your hands or a fork and knife). You can also cut the chicken into cubes if you prefer.
- Place the chicken and vegetables into the boiling water and reduce heat. Slow cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Place your pasta into your slow cooker for the last 20-30 minutes and allow the pasta to become tender.
- Serve with a side of crackers or my favorite, Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.