I am just in love with my new Instant Pot. It has made making healthier meals for my family so much easier. Plus, so much less of a mess to clean up after! So, this week we decided to make a twist on a classic dish and made Lean Instant Pot Spaghetti.
Lean Instant Pot Spaghetti
The thing I love the most about this recipe is that it can be made in under 20 minutes from start to finish, made for under $20 and feed a family of 6! Isn’t that just the best dinner ever? I sure think so!
What You Need to Make Lean Instant Pot Spaghetti:
- 3 Full al fresco Fully Cooked Dinner Sausages, Sliced
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey Meat
- 1 Roma Tomato, Diced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Package of Whole Grain Spaghetti Noodles (about 12 oz.)
- 1 24 oz. Bottle of Spaghetti Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Basil
- Fresh Thyme (for garnish, optional)
- 2 2/3 Cups Warm Water
- Parmesan Cheese (for garnish)
How to Make Lean Instant Pot Spaghetti:
- Start by turning on your Instant Pot and click “Saute”. Wait for it to heat up.
- Once heated, drizzle your olive oil in and add in your ground turkey meat and brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add in your sausage, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning and basil. Continue to brown for several minutes until the meat is cooked throughly.
- Turn off your Instant Pot and allow to cool.
- Next, take your spaghetti noodles and break them in half.
- Now layer your noodles into a criss-cross pattern, in fourths. Stacking them carefully on top of the cooked meats and seasoning.
- Now add your water, spaghetti sauce, additional seasoning (as desired) and half of the diced tomatoes.
- Close the lid on your Instant Pot and push the “Pressure Cook” and make sure it is on high. Put it for 7 minutes.
- Once your Instant Pot beeps and is done, use the Quick Release method.
- Once the lid is removed from your Instant Pot, allow the spaghetti to sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Dish up your spaghetti and garnish with fresh thyme and parmesan cheese, if desired. You can also serve with a delicious side salad and whole wheat garlic bread or rolls. YUM!
al fresco fully cooked dinner sausage makes feeding your family easy!
As I mentioned above, I love this recipe for how simple it is to make. It helps it’s totally tasty too. And, the highlight of the dish is the chicken sausage. al fresco fully cooked dinner sausage is:
- Made with lean, skinless chicken meat
- 70% less fat than pork sausage (USDA)
- 30% less sodium than pork sausage (USDA)
- Gluten free
- Fully cooked – ready in minutes
Plus, it’s tasty. I have to say, I normally frown upon anything the can be deemed as “healthier” because personally, I think most healthier options are bland. However, the chicken sausage is not. It’s packed full of flavor and offers a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional sausage. I dare you to give it a try.
You can check out the full line of al fresco products here.
Disclosure: This is a post sponsored by al fresco. The opinions expressed remain my own.