This Tequila Sunrise Cocktail will have you beach ready by the time the sun comes up. It is easy to make and requires just 3 ingredients!
I don’t know about you, but I daydream about the time when I can lay on the beach with a drink in hand, soaking up the sun and be fully retired.
With that being said, you can bring that warm, fuzzy feeling into your home with this Sunrise Cocktail.
What Is A Tequila Sunrise Cocktail?
The tequila sunrise cocktail is an alcoholic drink made of tequila, orange juice, and grenadine syrup. It’s served unmixed in a tall glass and resembles a sunrise on a warm sunny day!
Ingredients to Make A Tequila Sunrise Cocktail at Home
- Orange Juice – I prefer the Simply Orange Pulp Free but you can use any you’d like.
- Tequila – You can use your favorite Tequila here
- Grenadine – My choice is Rose’s Grenadine Syrup
- Ice – If you don’t want to water down your drink, you can also use faux reusable ice cubes you can freeze and stick in your drink.
How to Make A Homemade Tequila Sunrise
Fill your cup ¾ of the way with ice (or the reusable ice cubes if using)
Pour the tequila and orange juice into the glass.
Pour your grenadine gently down the side of the glass and let it settle for a few seconds.
Enjoy the layered colors before stirring. It will turn into a gorgeous blood orange color.
Top with a cherry, orange slice, and maybe one of those umbrellas
Serve and enjoy!
Things to Note:
- If you have a larger glass, you’ll want to add about ½ an ounce of grenadine instead and another 2 ounces of orange juice. For example, the hurricane glasses filled better with this adjustment.
- If you like a little sweeter twist to your cocktail, try Sunny D instead of normal orange juice.
- Unless you really love your pulp, be sure to use pulpless orange juice for the smoothest results.
- I know the layered colors are really pretty, but you’ll definitely want to give your drink a stir before diving in.
Check out more Cocktail Recipes here!
- 4 Ounces Orange Juice
- 2 Ounces Tequila
- ¼ Ounce Grenadine
- Fill your cup ¾ of the way with ice (or the reusable ice cubes if using)
- Pour the tequila and orange juice into the glass.
- Pour your grenadine gently down the side of the glass and let it settle for a few seconds.
- Enjoy the layered colors before stirring. It will turn into a gorgeous blood orange color.
- Top with a cherry, orange slice, and maybe one of those umbrellas
- Serve and enjoy!