I love watching The Lorax. Aside from the movie being totally adorable and teaching a life lesson, the colors are what really get me. If you know me at all, you know how much I love color. So in honor of Dr. Seuss Day my son and I made this Truffula Tree Wall Hanging and I am going to share with you just how we made it so you can make it too!
What You Will Need to Make a Truffula Tree Wall Hanging:
- White craft felt
- Green craft felt
- Green marker
- Assorted craft pom poms
- Craft glue
- Small Wooden Embroidery Hoop
How to Make a Truffula Tree Wall Hanging:
- Begin by pressing the piece of white felt in between the wooden embroidery hoops. Pull tightly and make sure the fabric is wrinkle and gap free.
- Cut off any additional fabric so the area around the sides of the hoop is clean.
- Using your green felt, cut out skinny strips of fabric to use as tree trunks. Add some detail with the green marker. Just simple lines work out fine.
- Glue the tree trunks to the white felt in a random order.
- Add a dab of glue to each craft pom pom and press to the top of each tree.
- Allow your embellishments to dry. Your wall hanging is now ready to be displayed!
Looking for another fun Dr. Seuss craft? Check out this DIY The Lorax Wall Hanging!