This 7-ingredient Vampire Blood Hot Cocoa is a spooky fun drink you can make for Halloween. It combines chocolate chips, vanilla, milk, sugar, red food coloring and red velvet syrup to create a tasty drink even the kids will love!
My kids are all about hot cocoa so we make it quite often at home. It’s a tasty drink that is perfect for those cooler Fall nights. It simply warms the soul!
So, if you are looking for a spooky fun treat your kids can make and sip on this Halloween, look no further!
Vampire Blood Hot Cocoa
Ingredients you need:
- Whole milk – you can reduced fat but it doesn’t give a creamy consistency like whole milk does.
- Sugar – you can use a sugar substitute if you wish.
- Milk chocolate chips – any kind is fine but I prefer Ghirardelli or Nestle.
- Dark chocolate chips – again, Ghirardelli is my favorite.
- Vanilla – pure vanilla extract is best but imitation works too
- Red velvet syrup – I found this on Amazon and it’s really tasty.
- Red gel food coloring
How to Make It
Step one: Combine the milk and sugar in a pot and simmer over medium heat until sugar is melted.
Step two: Add the chocolate chips and red food coloring and stir until chocolate chips are melted.
Step three: Remove from heat and add the vanilla and red velvet syrup. Stir to combine.
Step four: Pour into a mug and top with whipped cream and sprinkles. Enjoy!
- 5 cups whole milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon red velvet syrup
- 2 drops red gel food coloring
- Whipped Cream
- Halloween Sprinkles
- In a large pot, combine milk and sugar and place over medium heat until the milk begins to simmer (above 4 minutes).
- Continue stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the chocolate chips and red food coloring into the pot and stir until combined and the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla and red velvet syrup and stir to combine.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Serve warm.