This Watermelon Margarita is the perfect refreshing drink for summer. It requires just 4-ingredients making it simple to make.
Nothing is better than a refreshing cocktail on hot summer days.
Okay, I lied, nothing is better than sharing a refreshing summer cocktail with that special someone whether it be a friend, significant other or family.
This delicious recipe takes a classic margarita combines it with fresh watermelon and turns it into an easy watermelon margarita recipe worth raving about.
Want another perfect margarita recipe? Check out this Cotton Candy Margarita.
What You Need to Make a Watermelon Margarita
- High-quality Tequila (your favorite tequila works too)
- Lime Juice – I prefer freshly squeezed
- Smashed Watermelon
- Ripe Watermelon Cut in wedges
- Margarita Salt
- Ice Cubes
- Glasses – 10 – 12 ounce Glasses
How many margaritas does this recipe make?
If you follow our recipe, this recipe will make 1 (one) 8 ounce glass of watermelon margarita.
What Can I Use Instead of Tequila?
If you don’t enjoy the taste of tequila, you can substitute it for vodka.
What size of watermelon do I need?
The size of watermelon you’ll need and the amount of Limes you’ll need will depend on how many guests you’ll have. If you’re serving 4 people, a small personal size watermelon and 6 limes should be enough. If you’re serving a larger amount of guests, you’ll need a larger watermelon and a bag of limes. I suggest seedless watermelon.
What if I don’t want to use fresh watermelon?
If you’d rather skip using the fresh watermelon, you can use fresh watermelon juice or even buy the pre-cut watermelon cubes at your grocery store and use those to make a watermelon puree for this recipe.
How Far in Advance Can I Make These?
I would make these right before you are ready to serve for the best flavor and texture.
How Can I Make This a Spicy Watermelon Margarita Recipe?
You can make this margarita recipe spicy by rimming the glass with chili powder instead of the salt and by adding freshly cut jalapeños into the mixture.
How can I remove the chunks of watermelon?
If you want to remove the chunks of watermelon, you can use a fine-mesh sieve or fine mesh strainer to strain out any chunks of watermelon.
How to Make a Watermelon Margarita
Start by washing the watermelon and drying with paper towels.
Cut the watermelon into wedges and place in a large container.
In a shallow dish, add the honey, and in another shallow dish, or on a small plate, place the margarita salt.
Dip the glass rims in the honey, and then in the margarita salt, and place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
Remove the glasses from the refrigerator, and cut a piece of watermelon from the wedges, that’s about 1/4 of a cup, and place it in the glass to be served in, and smash the watermelon in the glass.
Add the lime juice, and stir.
Add the Tequila, and stir.
Add the ginger-ale, and stir.
Add a few ice cubes to the glass.
Cut ripe limes into slices, and garnish the glass rims with a lime slice and a watermelon wedge.
Serve Chilled and Enjoy!
Want more watermelon recipes? Check more out here.
- 1 shot of Tequila - per glass
- 1 teaspoon of Lime Juice - freshly squeezed - per glass
- 1/4 cup of Smashed Watermelon - per glass
- 1/2 cup of Ginger-ale in each glass
- 1 ripe Watermelon cut in wedges
- Margarita Salt
- Ice Cubes
- Start by washing the watermelon and drying with paper towels.
- Cut the watermelon into wedges and place in a large container.
- In a shallow dish, add the honey, and in another shallow dish, or on a small plate, place the margarita salt.
- Dip the glass rims in the honey, and then in the margarita salt, and place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the glasses from the refrigerator, and cut a piece of watermelon from the wedges, that's about 1/4 of a cup, and place it in the glass to be served in, and smash the watermelon in the glass.
- Add the ginger-ale and stir.
- Add the lime juice, and stir.
- Add the Tequila, and stir.
- Add a few ice cubes to the glass.
- Cut ripe limes into slices, and garnish the glass rims with a lime slice and a watermelon wedge.
- Serve Chilled and Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 526Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1019mgCarbohydrates: 75gFiber: 2gSugar: 68gProtein: 2g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/