It’s hard to believe that it is time to celebrate Earth Day already. You may wonder why Earth Day is so important to our family. I have two boys and it’s super important that they grow up understanding how to take care of the earth. I want them to have an awesome place for their kids and grandkids, so it starts with me and my generation to teach them how to care for it properly. Earth Day is a way to bring awareness to our Earth’s environment. Although we should care about the Earth every day, it is awesome to have a day dedicated to just taking care of our earth. So let’s gear up for the greenest day of the year by sharing Ways to Participate in Earth Day!
Ways to Participate in Earth Day
- Volunteer for an Earth Project- One thing that my family intends on doing for Earth Day is volunteering for an Earth project. This may mean helping a neighbor pick up trash or it could mean volunteering with a local company to help complete their Earth Day Project. Giving back is an important part of this day.
- Be Proactive- Our family is also getting ready for Earth Day by being proactive on more than just Earth Day. I personally love to raise awareness about taking care of the Earth. This may mean planting a tree this year or recycling. I definitely stress the importance of taking care of the Earth to my kids, which is why they are so gung-ho when they see a piece of trash on the ground and want to pick it up.
- Helping Animals- Humans aren’t the only ones that occupy the Earth. There are tons of animals out there that are also sharing this precious planet with us. I love talking to my boys about how we can not only help the Earth but also help the animals and humans who occupy it. This may mean putting out bird feeders or helping find a pet’s owner. Earth Day is about caring for the Earth, but also the breathing life that occupies it. I think encouraging this has made my boys particularly loveable and caring toward animals. Seriously, they love them!
- Choosing the Right Products- Another commitment my family has made to help get ready for Earth Day is to choose products that are safe for the environment. This is why we’ve made a commitment to use the Tom’s of Maine Made to Matter Collection which I will eloborate more on below.
Go Green with Tom’s of Maine
One easy way to go green this Earth Day is by choosing environmental friendly products. You would be surprised how many of the products you use on a daily basis are not friendly to our Earth and when you truly think of it, does that make them unsafe for you and your family too? So that’s why I have chosen to switch several of my products and I’ve recently come across the Tom’s of Maine Made to Matter Collection which includes:
- Luminous White Toothpaste: Their most advanced natural whitening toothpaste that is safe for enamel and is gluten and paraben free.
- Wicked Cool! Deodorant: Their 1st natural deodorant made just for boys and girls, providing 24-hour odor protection and free of aluminum, parabens, and artificial fragrances.
- North Woods Men’s Antiperspirant: Their first natural antiperspirant made for men that provide all day odor and wetness protection without petrochemicals, artificial fragrances, or irritation.
We are super excited about the Tom’s of Maine Made to Matter Collection because we have searched high and low for products without parabens, aluminum, and artificial fragrances. We can stop searching now because the Tom’s of Maine Made to Matter Collection is just what we’re looking for to help us make this change in our lives. This product collection is also perfect to help you get ready for Earth Day because it’s free of artificial dyes, fragrances, flavors and preservatives, and are never tested on animals.
You can find this amazing collection at your local Target. I found mine on an end-cap display over in the beauty section. Plus, right now you can download a Target cartwheel offer to save 10% off each product you purchase! So head to your local Target and find the Tom’s of Maine Made to Matter Collection and really go-green this Earth Day!
I would love to hear how your family is gearing up for Earth Day! Are you making any changes this year or volunteering?!