Introducing the ultimate homemade seasoning blend that will elevate your food game to new heights: homemade everything bagel seasoning. With its unique blend of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic, and onion, this homemade Everything Bagel seasoning is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
This delectable combination of savory spices is the perfect way to add bold flavor to your morning bagel, but it doesn’t stop there. This versatile seasoning can be used on everything from eggs to avocado toast, and even as a rub for grilled meats and fish. So why settle for plain bagels when you can have everything?
Also, did I mention it’s so easy to make at home? Well, it is!
Want more homemade seasoning recipes? Check out our Homemade Taco Seasoning.
Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning Ingredients
- White Sesame Seeds
- Black Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Dried Minced Onion
- Dried Minced Garlic
- Poppy Seeds
- Sea Salt
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance can I make this?
You can make this days in advance and store it in an airtight container such as a mason jar with a lid for several months. Just be sure to store away from any moisture.
How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe will make roughly 8 servings depending on how much you use for each serving.
Things to Note:
- If you can’t find black sesame seeds, you can swap them out for more white sesame seeds. They taste the same, it will just look a little different.
- Be sure you use the black toasted sesame seeds as they sell an untoasted option as well. The toasted option is much better.
- This recipe is easily cut in half or doubled to make as much as you need.
- Be sure to give the seasoning a shake before you use it, as some of the smaller seasonings like to settle more to the bottom. It will give you a more even flavor.
- Great as a snack topping and can be advertised as a keto recipe!
How to Make Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
Store in a sealed container, such as a mason jar, in the pantry, for up to 2 months or more.
Sprinkle onto your favorite foods as you please!
- 3 Tablespoons White Sesame Seeds
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Black Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Minced Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- ½ Tablespoon Sea Salt
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 33Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 398mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/