There is one thing I love to snack on and eat literally any time of the day: hard boiled eggs. However, to get them perfect it takes A LOT of time! Until now, I’ve got the secrets to making The Best Hard Boiled Eggs EVER!
The Best Hard Boiled Eggs EVER
This what it used to look like to make hard boiled eggs…
Get a pan and heat up some water.
(Wait 10+ minutes to heat)
Add the eggs
(Wait another 10 minutes to boil)
Remove from pan, place into ice bath, peel and then finally eat.
That all took AT LEAST 30 minutes, longer if you want them to be perfect.
I am talking PERFECT in the sense that when you peel them, the shell comes off perfectly on every single one, wasting NONE of the egg whites. I hardly ever had that happen and who wants to wait that long just to eat some hard boiled eggs?
I know I don’t.
So, I decided it was time to make a change and I finally found a way to make THE BEST hard boiled eggs EVER. In under 20 minutes, actually in even under 15 minutes!
Ready to do the same? Here is how…
What You Need to Make The Best Hard Boiled Eggs EVER:
Note: You don’t absolutely need an egg steamer rack to make these. However, I highly recommend one. I truly think they help cook the eggs evenly helping ensure a perfect cooking session!
How to Make The Best Hard Boiled Eggs EVER:
- Open the lid to your Instant Pot and place your egg steamer rack inside (you can also use the steam rack your Instant Pot comes with).
- Place your eggs into the Instant Pot and pour 1 cup of water inside.
- Close the lid on your Instant Pot make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Now push the “Egg” button. If your Instant Pot doesn’t have an Egg button then push “Pressure Cook” ensure it’s on high and set the timer for 5 minutes (using either button).
- While the eggs are cooking, make an ice bath in a large bowl using ice and cold water.
- Allow the Instant Pot to heat up then cook for 5 minutes and allow it to natural release.
- Once complete, use tongs to pull the eggs out of the Instant Pot and place immediately into the ice bath.
- Allow the eggs to sit in the ice bath for 5 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the ice bath and tap them onto the counter to crack. Once cracked, run them under cold water to remove the egg shell.
- Cut them open and cut in half. Then sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Enjoy!
You can store any leftovers for a few days in the fridge.
Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes? Check out more below!