Whether you are planning your Memorial Day cookout or 4th of July bash, you’ll need a patriotic treat to feed your guests. If you like sweet and colorful, I’ve got just the thing! These 4th Very Berry Cheesecake Jars are the perfect way to celebrate all things Americana!
I don’t know about you but there is nothing better than planning an outdoor party filled with music, good food and good friends. I personally love entertaining.
Something about Summer just makes me happy and want to entertain. Maybe it’s because I am August baby and I am draw to the warmer months? <— My husky would probably roll her eyes at the comment (if only she could read HA).
As much as I love to entertain, believe it or not, I don’t like cooking. I am more of the planning, shopping, baking and decorating kind of gal. My husband can grill and cook all day.
So, if it includes a dessert I am all in. That is exactly why I was so excited to make this dessert.
Not only is this dessert super SIMPLE to make, it’s delicious! The creamy cream cheese, whipped cream and sugar give it the perfect amount of sweet. In case you are wondering how we acheieve the bright color, we did use food coloring. If you’d rather, you could naturally dye the whipped cream mixture by blending in some fruits. It may cause it to be a little chunky and less creamy, but would be a great way to get those colors without the use of food coloring.
I love the added crunch from the graham cracker crumbs too! Did you know you can now buy graham cracker crumbs already crumbed, I mean crushed? Or, if you really want to get an arm workout, you can crush your own. I just was super excited when I found them already crushed for sale! (I found them down the pie fillings isle by the way).
Once you have your layer of graham cracker crumbs and your colored mixtures made, just layer that baby up! If you are using a piping bag, it will give the top that cute swirl effect.
Then add your fruit as a garnish and be ready to serve!
I will say that these are something you’d want to make pretty close to the start of your party. You don’t want the crumbs getting too soggy!
I surely hope you enjoy this recipe. I cannot wait to see what you think!
What is your favorite patriotic treat?
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- Red and blue food coloring
- 1 package graham crackers (crushed) or ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Raspberries and blueberries for garnish
- Combine softened cream cheese, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, whipped cream and milk in a bowl. Blend on medium speed until smooth. If you find it is too thick, add in a little more milk.
- Grab 4 glass jars or small bowls, and pour graham cracker crumbs into the bottoms, pressing down to form a crust.
- Divide your cream cheese mixture into three different bowls. Add 4-5 drops of blue and 4-5 drops of red each to two of the bowls, then mix until you have desired shades of red and blue.
- Drop into your jars by spoonfuls or piping bags, one at a time, to layer red, white, and blue.
- Top with raspberries and blueberries, and chill for 1 hour to set.