It’s not everyday you can take a shot and eat the glass too. But today I have reinvented that game! Give these Edible Candy Corn Shot Glasses a try! Outside is delicious chocolate while inside is a candy corn whip so you can whip it good!
Once you give these a try and get the hang of making edible shot glasses, you will want to make them for every occasion and who wouldn’t? They are so unique and make cleaning up after a party a breeze! They are perfect for fall or even just a Halloween party! I sure hope you will give them a try.
What You Will Need to Make Edible Candy Corn Shot Glasses:
For Shot Glasses:
- 2 Cups Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- 2 Cups Wilton Orange Candy Melts
- 2 Cups Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
- Wilton 8-Cavity Round Shot Glass Mold
- 3 Disposable Piping Bags
For Whipped Topping:
- ½ cup Candy Corn
- ½ cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Whipped Topping
- Orange Food Coloring
- 1 Disposable Piping Bag
How to Make Edible Candy Corn Shot Glasses:
For Shot Glasses:
- Starting with the white candy melts, place in a small microwavable mixing bowl. Heat in microwave at 50% power for 1½ minutes. Remove and stir. Repeat in 30-second intervals at 50% power until completely melted. Be careful not to overheat. Remove from microwave and stir until candy melts are completely smooth and silky.
- Using a spoon, fill a piping bag with the white candy melts. Press any big air bubbles from the bag. Push candy melt toward the tip. Using scissors, trim the tip, creating a small hole.
- Slowly, fill the bottom of each shot glass mold with white candy melt 1/3 of the way full.
- Gently tap mold against counter top to eliminate air bubbles. Lift mold above your head to check for additional air bubbles and repeat tapping process as needed.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 for the orange and yellow candy melts. The candy corn shot glass will be layered as white, orange, and yellow.
- Place mold in freezer for approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Remove mold from freezer. Slowly invert each shot mold until candy melt shot glass is released. Carefully place each candy melt mold upright onto a clean, flat surface.
For Whipping Topping:
- In small pan, combine candy corn and heavy whipping cream and heat on low. Constantly stir until candy corn has completely melted. Mixture will become bright orange. Remove from heat. Pour into a small bowl and place in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes until cooled.
- In small mixing bowl, add whipped topping.
- Remove candy corn melt from refrigerator and add 4 tbsp. to whipped topping. Mix with a fork.
- Dip a butter knife into orange food coloring and add to whipping. Stir. Continue to add orange food coloring until you have reached desired color.
- Fill a piping bag with whipping. Using scissors, cut a small hole at tip.
- Using a circular motion, fill each candy corn shot glass with whipping. Garnish with 1 candy corn on top of each shot glass. Serve immediately.