The Football Jello Shots are the perfect way to kick off the fun at your next game day party. Not only are they delicious, but they also easy to make.
You can show your team spirit with these easy Football Jello Shots.
Easily customize the colors of the jell-o shots to match your team colors and show your support for your favorite team.
Whether you’re hosting a big game watch party, a tailgate, a Super Bowl party, or just looking for a unique treat to surprise your sports-loving friends during Football season, these Football Jello Shots are sure to be a touchdown!
- If you’re able to find football sugar toppers, those would be edible, but I didn’t have much luck.
- Do not garnish if you’re not serving the shots right away. It makes the garnishes odd textures. If you need to make them in advance, simply store them, covered, without the garnishes, for up to 4 days in the fridge. Garnish when ready to serve.
- Do not freeze.
- You do not have to use the frosting bag and frosting tip, this is just the best way to get that gorgeous twirl of cool whip on the top of each shot. Great for a beautiful presentation!
- You can use other types of alcohol, if desired. Just be careful that you don’t choose an alcohol that will change the color of the shot itself. Lime vodka, white rum, tequila or Gin would be great options!
Making Football Jello Shots For A Crowd
This recipe makes roughly 16 (2-ounce) shots. You can certainly double or triple the recipe if you want to make more.
You can swap out the color/flavor of the gelatin mix and even the sprinkles to match whatever Football team you’d like.
Once made, you can display on a dessert tray or a Football tablescape.
Ingredients Needed to Make Football Jello Shots
- 2-Ounce Shot Cups
- Football Toppers
- Pourable Measuring Cup or Something Similar
- Frosting Bag (optional for garnishing)
- Ateco #824 Frosting Tip (optional for garnishing)
How to Make Football Jello Shots
These jello shots are easy as mixing up some geltin mix, adding vodka and putting in the fridge.
You will then decorate with some fun sprinkles and Football cupcake toppers for a boozy treat worthy of a touchdown!
- 1 Box Lime Jell-O (6 ounces)
- 2 ½ Cups Boiling Water
- 1 ½ Cups Vodka
- 1 Tub Cool Whip (8 ounces)
- Chocolate Jimmies
- Multi-Colored Green Jimmies
- Place the green jello in a large mixing bowl and add the boiling water. Stir until the jello granules have dissolved.
- Add the vodka to the mix and lightly stir to incorporate.
- Fill each shot glass, leaving just a bit of head room at the top. This doesn’t have to be perfect, it just makes it easier to transport them to the fridge and leaves a bit of room for the whipped cream to sit.
- Place the shots in the fridge for 2 hours or until set.
- Using a frosting bag and Ateco #824 frosting tip (or similar) top each shot glass with a dollop of whipped cream. I usually do this by simply starting on the outer edge and working in a circle until the whipped cream is high enough. You can top them with whipped cream however you like, though.
- Sprinkle each shot with a bit of the chocolate jimmies followed by the multicolored green jimmies. The amount of sprinkles depends on what makes your heart happy.
- I usually shorten or remove the toothpicks from the toppers altogether and nestle them into the middle top of the cool whip. They’re not edible, but they sure are cute!
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/