Soon it will be snowing everywhere (if it isn’t already) so what do you do when it’s too cold outside to play? Well, stay indoors and make your own Snowman Play Dough Kit! This is a fun project for kids plus, it doubles as a fun gift!
What You Need to Make a Snowman Play Dough Kit:
- Snowman Play Dough Bag Printable (best printed on white card stock)
- Clear Treat Bags or Sandwich Bags
- White Sparkly Play Dough (Recipe below)
- Toothpicks colored orange with marker and trimmed for the nose
- 2 toothpicks colored brown and the ends trimmed off of one and glued to the untrimmed toothpick to create stick arms
- A strip of felt for a scarf
- Sequins for the eyes and mouth
- Black buttons
Play Dough Recipe:
- 3 cups white flour
- 3/4 cups salt
- 3 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or preferred oil)
- 2 ¼ cups boiling water
How to Make a Snowman Play Dough Kit:
First, make your play dough using the recipe above. First, boil the water while mixing all dry ingredients in a bowl.
Next, add the vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and mix. Slowly add the boiling water and mix once more. Allow the mixture to cool slightly. Place the dough on parchment paper or a clean flat surface
and knead until it softens and gets smooth.
Now, add preferred amount of glitter and continue to knead the dough so it is mixed throughout. Additional water or flour may be added throughout this process if the dough is too dry or too
Once the Play Dough is made, print and cut out the printables and fold in half.
Place play dough and accessories in a clear treat bag and close the bag by folding it over (cut off some of the excess at the top if needed), and place your folded printable over the top. Staple on each side (vertically) to secure it in place.
There is room to write “To” or “From” in addition to a holiday greeting or message on the back.