After all the fun and play our little ones are doing every day this summer, the best thing for them is a nice long bath. To soothe those tired muscles, bath salts are a great addition. To take bath time one step further, I came up with these fun Dinosaur Bath Salts!
For those bath salts I really wanted them to resemble fossilized dirt or just dirt in general. I also wanted something that gave kids a reason to be excited to take a bath (if they weren’t already) so I added some really cute mini dinosaur toys. That way when these bath salts are used, they are also receiving a fun toy to play with!
Supplies Needed to Make Dinosaur Bath Salts:
- 1 Cup Epsom Salt
- 3 Teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 2-3 Drops of Essential Oil (I used Lemon)
- Mini Dinosaur Toys
- 6 Drops Red Food Coloring
- 3 Drops Green Food Coloring
- In a large bowl, combine baking soda and epsom salt. Stir until well blended.
- Add your food coloring. Stir well. You will notice that the color doesn’t fully incorporate into the bath salts. I actually loved this because it makes it really look like dirt!
- Add your Essential Oil. Stir well. Note: When using Young Living Essential Oil you only need a few drops (no more than 3) as it will be plenty!
- Add your mini dinosaurs to the mixture and stir.
- Put your bath salts into a container until your child is ready to take a bath.
- Pour bath salts into your bath and enjoy!
Looking for more fun Dinosaur Ideas? Check out more below!
Jurassic World Inspired Dinosaur Soap (for small sized hands)