This 3-Ingredient Lemonade Slushie is a delightful concoction that will not just quench your thirst, but also tantalize your taste buds! This is the perfect go-to beverage, whether you’re looking to cool off on a hot summer day, liven up a party, or just enjoy a quick, refreshing break.
The simplicity of this recipe is what makes it a real winner. With just three basic ingredients – ice, lemonade, and sugar – you can whip up a frosty delight that matches any store-bought slushie in taste and refreshment.
The ice brings a fun, slushy texture that is irresistibly icy and cold.
Lemonade, the soul of the recipe, brings its characteristic tart, citrusy goodness that’s both cooling and revitalizing.
Lastly, sugar adds that hint of sweetness to perfectly balance out the sour tang of the lemonade, creating a beverage that is truly bliss in a glass.
Lemonade Slushie Ingredients
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use zero sugar lemonade?
Yes! Just keep in mind, the recipe will end up being more tart than sweet but if you are looking to cut calories or sugar intake, I like the Minute Maid Zero Sugar Lemonade (it comes in pink lemonade too).
Can I use a sugar substitute?
Yes! You can replace the sugar in this recipe for a sugar substitute. I personally like Truvia.
Can I make an alcoholic version of this?
Yes! If you want to make a boozy slushie recipe, add 2-4 ounces of your favorite liquor. I recommend a vodka, white rum or tequila.
Things to Note:
- Putting the glasses in the freezer 15 minutes before making the slushie is a great way to keep it colder longer. Plus, it makes people oooh and ahhh because the glasses are frosted.
- You can add or take away a tablespoon of sugar to meet your sweetness preference.
- The added sugar helps the ice to not stick together in clumps and make a nice smooth slushie. I have not attempted other forms of sugar outside of white granulated, so try at your own risk.
- Having a good blender helps make this recipe even easier and better.
- If you want a stronger lemon flavor, add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the mixture.
How to Make A Homemade Lemonade Slushie
Add the ice, lemonade, and sugar to a blender.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into glasses and garnish with a lemon slice and mint leaf, if desired, and enjoy!
- 4 Cups ice
- 1 Cup lemonade
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Add the ice, lemonade, and sugar to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a lemon slice and mint leaf, if desired, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 0g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/