The last few days I have been going Monster crazy! No I don’t mean in a rage, I mean I have been crafting away at all things relating to Monsters. My latest project is this Monster Wooden Number Prop! I am actually using it in my son’s 1st birthday cake smash session as well at his actual birthday party!
This wooden number prop is so easy to make so anyone can do it. Plus if you have older children you can get them in on it and have them help make it. It’s an inexpensive way to add a personal touch to your Monster themed party. Although I used a turquoise color, you can use any color you wish. Use darker colors for a Halloween themed party!
This can be used for photography sessions, cake toppers (just add a wooden dowel to it), and table top decorations.
Supplies Needed to Make A Monster Wooden Number Prop:
- Wooden Number (unfinished)
- Americana Multi-Surface Satin Paint (I used the Deep Turquoise color)
- Paint Brush
- Hot Glue Gun
- Googly Eyes
How to Make A Monster Wooden Number Prop:
- Paint your wooden number sign. You will need about 3-4 coats of paint but you need to allow each coat to dry entirely before painting the next layer. Tip: When painting, I have found painting on top of wax paper is easiest but you can use newspaper too. It just might stick a little.
- Once the paint has dried entirely, you can apply your googly eyes using your hot glue gun. You can add as many or as little as you’d like.
- Clean up the prop by removing any strings of glue.
- Your Monster Wooden Number prop is ready to use!
Looking for more Monster themed party ideas? Check out more below!