This Easter Cheesecake is almost too pretty to eat. It will look beautiful on any Easter table and everyone at the Easter celebration is going to love it.
How to Make Easter Cheesecake
Easter Cheesecake is easier to make than it sounds. It is time-consuming but in the end, you are left with a gorgeous layered cheesecake that is filled with color and flavor!
Tools you will need:
Things to Note:
- Make sure that you leave the Butter and Cream Cheese called for in this recipe, out on the counter until it is soft. The Frosting will not mix correctly if the Butter and Cream Cheese are cold, both need to be soft, and at room temperature.
- You can use regular food coloring but I’ve found the gel food coloring gives more vibrant color and helps to not overwater the mixture of the cheesecake or frosting.
Check out more delicious and adorable Easter dessert recipes.
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1/2 of a Sugar Cookie mix - I used Betty Crocker
- Follow package directions
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- 5 Packages of Cream Cheese - 8 ounces - softened
- 1/4 cup of Torani White Chocolate Syrup
- 3 cups of Heavy Cream - Whipped
- 3 heaping Tablespoons of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups of Sugar
- 2 envelopes of Unflavored Gelatin - bloomed in water - see instructions
- Aqua - Lime Green - Food Coloring Gel
- Easter M&M's - See Link
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces of Cream Cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon of Heavy Cream
- 3 to 4 cups of Powdered Sugar
- Hot Pink - Purple - Yellow - Food Coloring Gel
For The Cheesecake:
- In a medium sized bowl, mix half of a Sugar Cookie Mix, following the package directions.
- Line the Bottom of a 9 inch Spring-form pan with Parchment paper, and press the Sugar Cookie Mix into the bottom of the pan, evenly, smoothing the dough with a spoon.
- Place the pan in the Oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until cookie dough is completely done, and browned on the top and edges.
- Remove from oven, and gently press the dough down evenly on top with the bottom of a smooth glass (see photo). Set pan in the Freezer to cool quickly.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the Heavy Cream, 3 Tablespoons of Powdered Sugar, and whip with the Whisk attachment until stiff peaks form, and the Cream is whipped. Add the Vanilla and the Cream Cheese, and blend until smooth and fluffy. Add the Sugar, and Torani White Chocolate Syrup, and mix until smooth.
- In a small dish, add 1/3 cup of water, and sprinkle the Unflavored Gelatin over the water, and let the Gelatin 'bloom' for about 3 minutes, or until the gelatin has absorbed the water. Stir the Gelatin to mix, and add the Gelatin to the mixer. Blend well to make sure Gelatin is blended into the Cheesecake batter.
- Divide the Cheesecake batter in half, and place several drops of Aqua Food Coloring Gel in one half of the batter, and stir well to mix.
- Remove the spring-form pan from the Freezer, and pour the Aqua Cheesecake Batter into the pan on top of the Sugar Cookie Crust. Place the pan back in the Freezer until firm, about 3 hours.
- In the remaining half of the Cheesecake Batter, add the Lime Green Food Coloring Gel several drops at a time until you get the desired color. Place the Lime Green Cheesecake Batter in the refrigerator until it's time to pour into the pan.
- When the Aqua Cheesecake is set, or firm to the touch, remove the pan, and pour the Lime Green Cheesecake Batter into the pan, on top of the Aqua layer, and place the pan back in the Freezer, over night.
For the Frosting:
- In the mixing bowl, add the Softened Butter, and Softened Cream Cheese, and mix with the whisk attachment until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the Vanilla and Heavy Cream, and mix.
- Add the Powdered Sugar, one cup at a time, blending on low speed, and scraping the bowl down as needed, until all powdered sugar is added, and the frosting is completely mixed and smooth.
- Divide the Frosting into three equal bowls, and in one bowl, add several drops of the Hot Pink Food Coloring Gel, until you get a bright pink color. Repeat with the Purple, and Yellow Food Coloring Gel in the remaining two bowls.
- Using Plastic wrap (Glad Wrap) tear off a piece about 10 inches wide, and place the Frosting length-wise, side by side, in the middle of the plastic wrap. It will look like long ribbons of Frosting. Then, roll the plastic wrap around the Frosting, making sure to keep it long, or length-wise like a long ribbon.
- Snip the end off of the Plastic wrap, on one end only, and twist the other end closed. Place the plastic wrap in a pastry bag with the Large Star Tip.
- Pipe the Frosting onto the edges of the Cheesecake, using a swirling, motion, leaving big dollops on the cheesecake, and bring it up to a point.
- Place the Easter/Pastel M&M's generously in the middle of the Cheesecake, and on to each dollop of Frosting on top of the cheesecake.
- Place the cheesecake back in the Freezer until time to serve.
- When ready to serve, remove the Spring-form from the pan, and slice the Cheesecake into 2 inch pieces.
- Serve, and Enjoy!