This homemade turkey gravy is so easy to make and requires just 3 ingredients starting with turkey drippings. Pour it over your turkey, mashed potatoes or anything you’d like to give your meal a burst of flavor.
If you’re looking for the perfect turkey gravy for Thanksgiving or anytime you just need a flavorful gravy, this is it.
How to Make The Perfect Turkey Gravy with Drippings
With just 3 ingredients, you can make a simple yet delicious turkey gravy in minutes. The secret is to cook it nice and slow!
- 4 Cups Turkey Stock
- ¼ Cup Turkey Drippings
- ¼ Cup All Purpose Flour
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Over medium low heat on a stove, heat the turkey drippings in a medium saucepan. This shouldn’t take long as they just need to be heated, not boiling.
- Once the drippings have warmed up, add the flour and mix until there’s no more flour. This will make a thick paste-like mixture.
- Pour the stock into the mixture, stirring constantly. Let the mixture heat for a couple more minutes or until it starts to thicken. Never stop stirring!
- Remove from the heat.
- Carefully taste and adjust with salt or pepper, if need be. Enjoy!
- Your turkey drippings will already have seasonings and the stock will already have salt,
unless you got low sodium stock. Because of this, you don’t want to add salt or pepper until after you have finished cooking the gravy.
- If you’re having trouble finding turkey stock, chicken stock or vegetable stock will do the trick as well.
- If you’re having trouble getting the flour clumps to clear out, use the back of a spoon to flatten them and mix them in. For the best gravy, it’s important to get that flour completely dissolved into the drippings before adding the stock.
- If you don’t have turkey drippings to work with, replace it with ¼ cup butter. Salted or unsalted is up to you.
- It’s important to remove the gravy before it fully thickens as it will continue to cook a bit once removed from the stove.
- It’s important to keep stirring once you add the stock or it will begin congealing on the top, which isn’t the desired texture for gravy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 213mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/