This Funfetti Cheesecake is loaded with sprinkles and layers of color! It is made with a cake bottom instead of traditional graham cracker crust. It is the perfect cake to make for any celebration.
I don’t know about you, but cake makes my soul happy.
Seriously, if I am ever in a bad mood just feed me cake and I’ll love you forever (and also instantly be in a good mood).
But who isn’t in a good mood when they are eating cake?
The answer: no one. Everyone is happy while they are eating cake.
Just a little tip – don’t look at the scale afterwards ha!
If you are needing a tasty dessert idea you can eat from home – look no further.
This Funfetti Cheesecake is as tasty as it is pretty. It is layered with a cake crust, vanilla confetti cheesecake middle and topped with a delicious frosting.
If that doesn’t sound like the best confetti filled dessert, I don’t know what does!
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 stick of butter - melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- Teal food coloring gel
- 4 - 5 Tablespoons of Sprinkles
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 4 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese - softened
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup of sprinkles
- 2 large cans of Pillsbury Hot Pink Vanilla Frosting
- Sprinkles to top
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 10 inch Spring-form pan with Parchment paper, and set aside.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the contents of the cake mix, and add the melted butter, eggs, and milk, and blend on low until mixed, then mix on high for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, stir, and add the Teal food coloring gel, a few drops at a time, mixing in between drops, until desired color is reached.
- Fold in the Sprinkles with a Spatula.
- Pour about half of the batter into the Spring-form pan, and smooth out the batter, evenly. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven to a wire rack. (I made cupcakes from the remaining batter, and iced them with white frosting)
- Rinse out the mixing bowl, and wipe dry with a paper towel. Place the softened cream cheese in the mixing bowl, and mix until smooth. Add the sugar, and Vanilla, and blend. Add the heavy cream and eggs, and blend until completely mixed. Add the flour, and mix well, until blended smooth. Remove from stand mixer, and gently fold in Sprinkles.
- Pour Cheesecake batter on top of baked cake in the Spring-form pan, and place the Spring-form pan in the oven at 350 degrees, for 1 hour. Make sure you have the cheesecake on the center oven rack.
- In an oven safe dish, place a small dish of water under the cheesecake, to keep it moist while it bakes, to avoid cracks. If the cheesecake becomes too brown on top, you can make a foil tent and place it over the cheesecake to prevent over browning.
- When the cheesecake has baked for one hour, turn off the oven, and leave the cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, open the Oven door slightly, and leave the cheesecake for another 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, remove the cheesecake to a wire rack to finish cooling. When the cheesecake is cool, cover with foil, and place in refrigerator, overnight for best results. This will allow the cheesecake to set.
- *If the cheesecake is a little wiggly in the center after baking, that's okay, it will set up in the refrigerator. It really does need to set overnight in order to set the cheesecake.
- Place the frosting in the Frosting cans in the refrigerator overnight, along with the cheesecake, to chill.
TO DECORATE THE CHEESECAKE:
- About an hour or two before you're ready to serve the cheesecake, remove it from the refrigerator, and remove the spring-form from the outside of the pan. Place the cheesecake on a plate, or cake plate.
- Place the Frosting tip in a pastry bag, and then fill the bag with both cans of frosting. Pipe the frosting onto the cheesecake in rows, until the top of the cheesecake is completely covered.
- Sprinkle the Frosting with the sprinkles of choice, and be generous with the Sprinkles. Place the cheesecake back in the refrigerator, uncovered, to chill, and to make sure the Frosting doesn't fall, or melt.
- When ready to serve, cut in 2 or 3 inch pieces, and sprinkle a few more Sprinkles around the plate.
- Serve, and Enjoy!
*Sprinkles - you need a large container of sprinkles - probably 16 ounces or larger, because there are sprinkles in the cake layer, in the cheesecake layer, and all over the top; plus, a few to sprinkle on the plate when you serve this. You can use whatever sprinkles you choose. I mixed 3 or 4 different kinds, and I added really colorful Nonpareils. You can use all Nonpareils, or all sprinkles if you like those better. I used colorful sprinkles and Nonpareils - not pastel - so they would be visible after baking.