This Instant Pot Applesauce will be your new favorite snack to make at home. Made with real apples, cinnamon and no added sugar, you’ll never want to eat store bought applesauce again!
I am going to get brutally honest here, I am a snob when it comes to applesauce. Why? Simply because not all applesauce is created equal.
Applesauce is one snack item we ALWAYS have in our house. Since I have Gastroparesis, it is one of the best snacks I can have (that is also guilt-free and zero WW points).
With that being said, I’ve learned that some applesauces are too tart, too sweet or just loaded with fillers, added sugar and a bunch of stuff we don’t really need.
That is why once I learned how to make my own at home, I will never go back to that store bought stuff (unless I am really desperate).
The beauty with homemade applesauce is that you can control exactly what you put in it and the taste. You can try different apples, more sugar, less sugar, and even add in different flavorings.
Trust me, if you love applesauce, you will love this homemade applesauce recipe. Even the kids love it and it makes great baby food too!
This particular homemade applesauce recipe only calls for 3 ingredients:
- Apples (I prefer honeycrisp apples but you can use any kind you like)
That’s it! You can also add brown sugar if you’d like to make it a bit more sweet but I think the Honeycrisp apples especially, are sweet enough!
How to Make Homemade Instant Pot Applesauce
Once you have your ingredients, you are going to wash, peel and cut your apples.
You’ll then throw them into your Instant Pot (which I just love using). Who knew an appliance like this could make your life so much easier?
Once they are cooked, you will use a food processor or blender to blend until smooth and you can enjoy it right away! I do prefer my applesauce cold though so I usually refrigerate it for a few hours.
Check out the recipe below and I hope you enjoy!
- 16 large sweet apples (about 1 1/2 pounds total), such as Honeycrisp or Gala
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Being by washing and peeling your apples.
- Halve each apple, making sure to remove cores and seeds. Cut apples into chunks.
- Add apple chunks and water to the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid by twisting the lid. Close the valve to seal in all pressure. Select “High Pressure” to the Instant Pot for 5 minutes. It will take about 8 minutes to come to pressure.
- Using a hot pad or towel, open the valve to release pressure (quick release). Once all pressure has been released, twist open the lid (away from you to prevent steam harming you), and remove the pot inside. It will be hot so use a towel or hot pad.
- Drain the water using a strainer. Transfer the cooked apples to a food processor or blender. Blend well.
- Add the cinnamon. Blend again.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, or freeze for up to 6 months.
If you want your applesauce to be more sweet, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of brown sugar and blend well.