Looking for creative and low clutter Easter basket ideas that won’t leave you with a house full of plastic eggs and candy wrappers? You’re in luck!
We’ve scoured the web and put together a list of the best Easter basket ideas that are not only adorable but also functional and clutter-free.
From eco-friendly toys and books to practical items like socks and snacks, these low-clutter Easter basket ideas are perfect for parents, grandparents, or anyone who wants to make Easter special without adding to the mess and clutter. So let’s hop to it and discover some unique and original ideas for your Easter baskets this year!
Why You Should Choose Low Clutter Easter Basket Ideas
When it comes to putting together Easter baskets for our kids, we typically choose seasonal items that are fun and colorful. But again, all of that can just add to the clutter in our homes.
The last thing we want to do is add more “stuff” that’ll be played with for two seconds and then thrown into the black hole of a toy box and never to be seen again.
Did you know that the average American household has over 300,000 items in it? So, it’s no wonder that research shows that all that clutter is actually making us miserable.
In fact, according to Psychology Today, clutter overstimulates us and can affect our mental and physical well-being.
With that being said, choosing clutter free Easter basket ideas can be the simple answer to this issue.
Low clutter Easter basket ideas don’t take the fun away either. Instead, it’s all about choosing items that are enjoyable, useful and/or consumable. Think outside the box and consider non-traditional basket fillers like art supplies, puzzles, or gardening tools.
By focusing on items that are both fun and practical, you can create Easter baskets that will be cherished and used long after the holiday is over. Of course, the exception here is items like bubbles or edible treats, these will be used for short period then will be consumed or thrown away (which is totally okay and again will take away from the clutter).
Tips for Choosing Low Clutter Easter Basket Items
- Skip the Easter grass. It’s a waste and typically horrible for the environment.
- Skip the basket bags. Again, it’s not typically recyclable and bad the environment (plus as waste of money).
- Instead of traditional plastic Easter baskets, opt for a reusable wood basket you can use every year or use an item as a basket that is useful such as a baseball cap for a teen, an open umbrella, etc.
- Choose sustainable/recycle items whenever possible.
- When in doubt, you can fill an Easter basket with money or gift cards and a few things of candy that way, your child can choose whatever they want/need.
- Shop at Dollar Tree for inexpensive, low clutter Easter options.
Art Supplies are a great low-clutter Easter basket option given they can be used time and time again. Plus, they are a great tv-free activity for kids.
Baking supplies are a fun and unique low clutter Easter basket idea. Kids can bake some treats, eat them and the clutter is gone!
Summer Fun Items
Summer fun items are a perfect addition to any Easter basket. They are useful, fun and can be used all summer long.
Fun kids activity kits that are perfect low clutter Easter basket items.
Books are literally always the best gift to give.