The Grinch Cocktail recipe is one of our favorite drink recipes to make for the holiday season. Inspired by Mr. Grinch, it’s a green cocktail with fruity flavors and a boozy kick just for the adults.
This fun drink uses the same recipe from our popular original Grinch Punch recipe.
While the taste and bright green color are the same, this Grinch drink contains alcohol making it the perfect Christmas cocktail to serve up at your next Christmas party.
If you can pour some ingredients into a bowl, stir it up and serve it into a cocktail glass, you can certainly make this easy cocktail.
- You don’t want to make this mixture more than a few hours ahead of time or the carbonation from the Sprite will become flat.
- I would not use a cocktail shaker to make this recipe. The carbonation can cause the drink to explode all over. Best to hand mix it.
- You can use any clear alcohol for the recipe, you don’t have to use Vodka. You can use tequila, white rum, or any other flavored vodka.
- The red sanding sugar dissolves when wet so try to avoid getting any additional moisture near it other than what is needed to get it to stick to the rim.
- Depending on how big your glasses are, this can make up to 6 servings. You can double or triple the recipe for more.
Ingredients Need to Make The Grinch Cocktail Recipe
- Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid
- Red Sanding Sugar for Glass Trim
- Pineapple Juice
- Frozen Lemonade Concentrate, thawed – Can also use Simply Lemonade that is premade
- Sprite – Any lemon-lime soda will work or ginger ale.
Other items you may need:
How to Make The Grinch Cocktail
If you are making your grinch heart straws, you can make these ahead of time.
When ready to make your Grinch cocktail, put everything into a large bowl or glass pitcher and stir well.
Dip your glasses into corn syrup or water and then into the red sanding sugar (optional)
Carefully pour the cocktail mixture into the glasses (try not to get it on the red sanding sugar) and serve and enjoy!
- 1 Packet of Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid (13 oz.)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 8 oz. Pineapple Juice
- 8 oz. Frozen Lemonade Concentrate
- 1/4 Cup Sprite
- 1 Cup Vodka
- First, start by adding all of your ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Next, make the cocktail glass by wetting just the rim of the glass. You need the rim to be wet or sticky before you add the red sanding sugar. I often like to use a bit of corn syrup on my finger, rub it along the rim then dip the top of the glass into the red sanding sugar.
- Once your glass has been made, you can make the straw by hot gluing the red heart bead onto a lime green straw. I cut the straw to ensure it fit perfectly inside the cocktail glass.
- Once your straw and cup is ready, carefully pour the cocktail drink mixture into the cocktail glass (avoid getting the sugar wet or it will begin to dissolve).
- Serve right away and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 2gSugar: 56gProtein: 1g