This Grinch Punch Recipe is an easy to make Christmas punch that is inspired by Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It is sure to be a conversation starter at your holiday party!
I have to warn you, kids love this punch so if you are planning on having a ton of kiddos at your Christmas party, double or even triple this recipe so you have enough for seconds!
By the way, if you are looking for an alcoholic version of this Grinch Punch, check out this Grinch Cocktail Recipe.
Where Can I Buy Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid?
Great question! And if you’ve had a hard time finding it, you are not alone.
Since the time I posted this recipe, some people are having a hard time finding the Lemon Lime Kool-Aid packets in-store. I believe they may have discontinued these after this recipe was made.
However, I found them on Amazon in a large pack which is totally cool if you plan to make a lot of this. You can order them here (or click the image below).
If that doesn’t work, you can also use the Green Apple Flavor although it will taste a bit different. You can order them here.
Ingredients Needed to Make Grinch Punch:
- 2 13oz packets Unsweetened Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid
- Pineapple Juice
- Frozen Lemonade Concentrate, thawed
- Red Sanding Sugar for Glass Trim
By the way, this is what red sanding sugar looks like:
How to Make Grinch Punch:
This punch couldn’t be any simpler to make.
STEP 1: First, start by pouring 2 quarts of water in a 1 gallon pitcher. Of course, you can double or even triple this recipe if needed.
STEP 2: Next, add the Kool-aid mix and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
STEP 3: Now, add the pineapple juice and lemonade and stir well. You’ll notice it turns that nice pretty Grinch Green color!
STEP 4: To top the rim of a glass, dip the top in water then dip into the sanding sugar.
Just before serving, add the Sprite and ice and serve and enjoy!
This would be really fun to make for a Christmas party at school too! I bet your kiddos will love it as much as mine have!
Things to Note:
- You can use a pre-made Kool-Aid mix in the bottle if you prefer and just add the red sanding sugar to the cups prior to pouring the drink.
- Don’t add the red sanding sugar until you are about ready to drink the punch as getting it wet will cause it to dissolve and melt.
- You can rub the rim of a glass lightly with corn syrup before dipping in the red sanding sugar if you prefer.
- This drink is good for a few days in the refrigerator exception of the Sprite, I would add that right before drinking so it doesn’t get flat or lose the carbonation.
Want more Grinch Recipes and Grinch Party Ideas? Check out:
- Grinch Jello Shots
- Grinch Cupcakes
- Grinch Slime
- Grinch Soap
- DIY Grinch Candle
- Grinch Hot Cocoa
- Grinch Cookies
- The Grinch Heart Wreath
- 2 .13oz packets Unsweetened Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 12oz Can Pineapple Juice
- 1 12oz Frozen Lemonade Concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 liter of Sprite
- Red Sanding Sugar for Glass Trim
- Pour 2 quarts of water in a 1 gallon pitcher.
- Add the Kool-aid mix and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the pineapple juice and lemonade and stir well.
- To top the rim of a glass, dip the top in water then dip into the sanding sugar.
- Just before serving, add the Sprite and ice.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 876 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 23mg Carbohydrates: 224g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 207g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g