This Grinch Punch is a fun holiday drink to make with the whole family during the Christmas season. It is easy to make and requires just 5 simple ingredients.
Every holiday season our entire family celebrates our favorite holiday villain by having a Grinch movie night and enjoying some of our favorite Grinch treats.
Whether you’re hosting holiday parties, a themed Grinch party, or just looking for a really easy green party punch recipe, this is it.
By the way, this delicious punch is kid-friendly (non-alcoholic) but if you are looking for an adult version, try our Grinch Cocktail.
Ingredients Needed to Make Grinch Punch
- Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid Packets – I’ve been told this ingredient may be hard to find in-stores so I linked to them on Amazon. If you can’t find these packets, you can also use the Kool-Aid Green Apple Flavor (although it will alter the taste a little). You can also use the premade Green Hawaiian Punch too.
- Pineapple Juice – This gives it an overall sweet, tropical flavor and helps get the color more of the Grinch green. You can skip this ingredient if preferred.
- Frozen Lemonade Concentrate, thawed – You can even use organic lemonade.
- Sprite – Any lemon-lime soda will work. You can also use ginger ale.
- Red Sanding Sugar for Glass Trim – Optional but gives a fun look to the glasses.
How to Make Grinch Punch
This Christmas punch couldn’t be any simpler to make. Once you make it, you’ll realize how easy it is to throw together before your next holiday party and I am certain it will be a huge hit!
STEP 1: First, start by pouring 2 quarts of water in a 1 gallon pitcher (you can also use a large punch bowl). Of course, you can double or even triple this recipe if needed.
STEP 2: Add the Kool-aid mix and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
STEP 3: Add the pineapple juice and lemonade concentrate and stir well. You’ll notice it turns that nice pretty Grinch Green color!
STEP 4: To top the rim of the glass, dip the top of the glass in water then dip into the red sugar crystals. Just before serving, add the Sprite and ice and serve and enjoy!
Note: This punch doesn’t keep well since the Sprite will go flat so, discard any leftover punch.
This easy Grinch punch recipe is the perfect drink to put you in the Christmas spirit and will be a total conversation starter.
Things to Note:
- Some people like to use vanilla ice cream or green sherbet (lime sherbet) to make it a cross between a drink and a dessert.
- Don’t add the red sanding sugar until you are about ready to drink the punch as getting it wet will cause it to dissolve and melt.
- You can rub the rim of a glass lightly with corn syrup before dipping in the red sanding sugar if you prefer.
More Grinch Recipes To Try
- 2 packets Unsweetened Lemon-Lime Kool-Aid (.13 oz)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 Can Pineapple Juice (12 oz. can)
- 1 Can Frozen Lemonade Concentrate, thawed (12 oz. can)
- 1/2 liter of Sprite
- Red Sanding Sugar for Glass Trim
- Pour 2 quarts of water in a 1 gallon pitcher.
- Add the Kool-aid mix and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the pineapple juice and lemonade and stir well.
- To top the rim of a glass, dip the top in water then dip into the sanding sugar.
- Just before serving, add the Sprite and ice to the pitcher.
- Carefully pour the Grinch punch into the glasses dipped in the red sanding sugar.
- Serve and Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 876Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 224gFiber: 1gSugar: 207gProtein: 2g