With the 4th of July nearing I really wanted to come up with a fun and unique treat to serve to guests. I came up with these Twizzlers Fireworks Treats!
Disclaimer: I cannot say for certain that these with NOT cause an explosion in your mouth. An explosion of flavor may occur. Eat with caution.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Okay now that we got that out of the way, I want to share with you how exactly you can recreate these edible and delicious fireworks treats. Don’t worry if you eat a few because Twizzlers are a low fat snack, as they say! 😉
Ingredients Needed to Make Twizzlers Fireworks Treats:
How to Make Twizzlers Fireworks Treats:
- Grab one of the Twizzlers and carefully peel each strand off so you will have individual strands of the candy.
- Break each long strand in half. You are actually going to need 3 blue pieces for this project.
- Grab a lollipop stick and the red strand. Firmly press one end of the red strand onto the stick to “adhere” it to the stick.
- Wrap the red strand around the stick leaving a space in between wrapping (like shown below).
- Grab the white strand and wrap it around the same way but this time wrap it into the open gaps of the stick so it’s wrapped between the red strand.
- Take your first blue strand and press the middle of the strand firmly against the top of the stick so it adheres like shown below.
- Repeat step 6 on the opposite side.
- Take your last blue strand and place it over the top again pressing firmly until it sticks to the other strands of candy. It will give the appearance of a firework!
- Repeat this entire process until you’ve made your treats for your gathering!
- You can place these into a cute jar and allow guests to enjoy these sweet and explosive treats!
I am sure your guests are going to love these!
Looking for another 4th of July idea? Check out this Patriotic Fruit Salad!