Making these Buddy The Elf Jello Shots will be the best way to spread Christmas cheer this holiday season! Inspired by our favorite movie Elf, these jell-o shots are the perfect addition to any Christmas party!
If you’ve seen the Elf movie you are probably aware of Buddy’s 4 main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup!
With that in mind, we came up with these fun jello shots that are easy to make and will be a huge hit at any holiday party.
These are basically a boozy sweet treat. They are a jello shot that contains alcohol but in order to be Buddy-inspired, they are topped with sugar and loads of candy! You can make them and then remove the candy if you don’t want to eat it.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to make – These homemade elf jello shots are easy to make and require just 3 ingredients (plus any toppings).
- These are tasty – If you like fruity jello shots that are easy to eat, you will love these.
- The perfect movie night treat – You can make these to enjoy while watching the movie Elf.
- Perfect for a Christmas-themed party– These Elf-inspired jello shots will be a huge hit at any holiday party.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I store leftovers?
Store any leftover shots in the fridge. Keep in mind that the vanilla frosting may get a little hard but will thaw as you set these out to serve.
How many jello shots does this recipe make?
The recipe makes 18 – 2 ounce jello shot cups.
What substitutions and additions can I make?
- You can use any type of jello mix you’d like but I like the lemon-lime for it’s green color to look like Buddy The Elf.
- You can use any clear alcohol (think vodka, tequila, white rum) that you’d like.
- You can use whipped cream instead of the vanilla frosting but it does melt very quickly and it causes the candy to melt. It is tasty but not pretty (trust me, I tried using that first).
- You can skip adding the maple syrup to the jello mixture before putting into the shot glasses if you want. It just adds a little more sweetness to the jello shots and is more like Buddy The Elf.
Buddy The Elf Jello Shots Ingredients:
- Lemon-Lime Jello
- Vodka – I used whipped vodka but you can use any flavor. Tequila or White Rum would pair well too.
- Maple Syrup – This may sound like a weird addition but it pairs so well with the lemon-lime jello. Plus, it’s one of Buddy’s 4 main food groups.
- Vanilla Frosting with a Piping Bag and Frosting Tip – I actually used the pre-made Pillsbury Vanilla Flavored Filled Pastry Bag to make things super easy.
- Brach’s Elf Mellowcreme – These serve as the candy corn in our recipe
- Brach’s Swirly Twirly Gum Drops – These serve as the candy in our recipe
- Mini Christmas M&M’s – These also serve as the candy in our recipe
- Pop-Tarts Bites Frosted Strawberry Pastries – Remember when Buddy put Pop-Tarts on his spaghetti for breakfast? Ha!
- Mini Candy Canes – These serve as the candy canes in our recipe
- Plastic Shot Glass Cups – I used 2 oz condiment cups which ended up making 18 jello shots.
- Syringe or small spoon to fill the jello shot cups
- Large bowl
- Measuring Cups
How to Make Buddy The Elf Jello Shots
Making these Buddy The Elf Jello shots are super easy. If you can whip up some jello infused with vodka and then decorate them with frosting and candy once they are set, you can make these!
These are going to be such a fun way to celebrate Elf’s 20th anniversary this year and celebrate your love for the Elf movie for years to come!
- 1 Box Lemon-Lime Jello (6 oz)
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- 1 Cup Vodka
- 1 Cup Cold Water
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Package of Vanilla Frosting
- 1 Tube of Mini Christmas M&M's
- 1 Package Brach's Elf Mellowcreme
- 1 Package Brach's Swirly Twirly Gum Drops
- Pop-Tarts Bites Frosted Strawberry Pastries
- Mini Candy Canes
- Start by making your Jello shots. You are going to mix 2 cups of hot water with your 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup. Stir well.
- Next, add in your 1 cup of cold water and 1 cup of vodka. Stir well.
- Carefully fill your jello shot cups with the jello mixture. Keep in mind you want to leave enough room at the top to add your frosting and candy toppings.
- Refrigerate your jello cups for a minimum of 2 hours. Overnight is best.
- When ready to serve, top the jello shots with vanilla frosting (a thin layer is fine) and then arrange your candy on top.
- Serve and Enjoy!
You will use a few of Mini Christmas M&M's on each jello shot and 1-2 gum drop candies. However, you'll only need 1 candy cane, Pop-Tart bite, and Mellowcreme Candy Corns per jello shot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Diamond Multi-Purpose Mini Cups with Lids
M&M's Holiday Minis MegaTube
Holiday Peppermint Mini Candy Canes
Pop-Tarts Bites Frosted Strawberry Pastries
Pillsbury Vanilla Flavored Filled Pastry Bag
100% Pure Maple Syrup
JELL-O Lime Gelatin - 6oz
Brach's Elf Swirly Twirly Gum Drops
Brach's Elf Mellowcreme
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 1g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/