It’s no secret that I love crafts that are simple and inexpensive to make. That is why I just adore this Paint Chip Minion Bookmark! The majority of the items were free and it’s so easy to make! Plus aren’t they just totally cute?
These bookmarks are a great way to encourage summer reading. But if you know a Teacher or are one, you can have your students make these at the beginning of the year and have them use them all year long as they read and learn!
So let your kids, students, or even yourself get creative and make these adorable Minion bookmarks! I show you how to below!
Supplies Needed to Make Paint Chips Minion Bookmarks:
- Blue Paint Chips
- Yellow Paint Chips
- Gray Paint Chips
- Black Paint Chips
- White Paint Chips (optional, for details)
- Googly Eyes
- Clear Gel Tacky Glue
- Black Sharpie Marker
How to Make A Paint Chip Minion Bookmark:
- Cut a blue paint chip in half vertically.
- Cut a yellow paint chip in half vertically.
- Cut the top of the yellow paint chip so that it is rounded. I first cut off the two corners and then just rounded it out a bit.
- Glue the blue paint chip onto the yellow paint chip so about 1/3 of the blue paint chip shows.
- Grab the black paint chip and cut off a small strip large enough to fit on top of the yellow paint chip side to side. Glue this down.
- Cut a small round piece out from the gray paint chip. You want it just a little larger than the googly eye you plan to use.
- Glue a googly eye on top of the gray rounded part.
- Now add the final details with your sharpie marker. Add a smile for a mouth and if you want, a few lines at the top for hair.
- Your Minion Bookmark will now be complete!
Looking for some more great Minion craft ideas? Check out more below!
30 Good-Looking Best DIY Minions Crafts » DIY Crafts
Friday 9th of July 2021
[…] To show your love for the minions you can make so many different things that inspired by my minions! A creative example here is this paint chip minion bookmark, grab the paint chips in respective minion colors, cut them to make different parts of the minion, finish with googly eyes and make lovely bookmarks! Use black sharpie markers to draw different expressions of the minions! simplisticallyliving […]
Top 10 In Crafts Delivered Free To Your Inbox | Back To School Crafts Roundup
Wednesday 24th of February 2021
[…] Kids will be super excited to create this fun craft. […]
40 Cute DIY Bookmarks: How To Make A Bookmark? ⋆ DIY Crafts
Friday 13th of March 2020
[…] Tutorial: simplisticallyliving […]
25+ Back to School Crafts for Kids - Buggy and Buddy
Friday 24th of August 2018
[…] Paint Chip Minion Bookmark from Simplistically Living […]
Craft Create Cook - 25 Mega Minion Crafts - Craft Create Cook
Monday 21st of August 2017
[…] Minion Paint Chip Bookmark from Simplistically Living – We almost always have tons of paint chips on hand (the kids always grab a handful of these while at Home Depot and Lowes)! […]