Edible Grinch Cookie Dough is the perfect no bake holiday treat. Enjoy it by the spoonfuls without the worry of consuming raw eggs. It’s easy, delicious and the perfect dessert inspired by Dr. Seuss’ How The Grinch Stole Christmas.
If you’ve ever made baked cookies during the holiday season you know it takes willpower to not eat the cookie dough.
While most raw cookie dough is made using eggs, this grinch cookie dough recipe does not.
That means, you can safely consume this cookie dough without the worry of getting sick from uncooked eggs.
Aside from consuming this cookie dough as-is, you can actually use it to make the perfect Grinch Christmas cookies that are great for a cookie exchange or holiday party.
Looking for another edible cookie dough recipe? Try this edible cookie dough recipe with chocolate chips!
And if you’re looking for more Christmas cookie recipes, check out our Best Christmas Cookie Challenge recipes.
- Don’t overmix your cookie dough and make it gooey. Unless you like that, then go right ahead!
- Add ingredients to your dough such as chocolate chips or nuts, to spice it up.
- Keep covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You can make this gluten free by using a gluten free all purpose flour in place of the regular flour.
- You can make this dairy free by using a dairy free butter.
- I do not suggest using unsalted butter as it makes the cookie dough lose an important aspect to the flavor. Some people like it a little saltier and add in more salt on top of the salted butter. This is a taste preference and totally up to you.
Ingredients Needed to Make Edible Grinch Cookie Dough
- Flour – All purpose flour or gluten free flour is fine
- Salted Butter
- Clear Vanilla Extract – Regular vanilla extract can cause the mixture to turn brown
- Neon Green Gel Food Dye – Use the gel food coloring and not regular green food coloring
- Large Red Heart Sprinkles
- Salt (optional)
How to Make Edible Grinch Cookie Dough
Start by cooking your flour. Yes, flour must be cooked in a microwave prior to consumption because it can contain harmful bacteria and other contaminants.
The safest way to consume the flour is to heat-treat the flour before consumption (see below in the recipe card on how to do this).
Once that is done, add all of your ingredients together and mix well.
Top with heart sprinkles and enjoy!
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Stick Salted Butter (½ cup, room temp)
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Clear Vanilla
- Neon Green Gel Food Dye
- Large Red Heart Sprinkles
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until nice and fluffy. Add in the salt if you’re using it and mix well.
- Add the vanilla and food dye and mix until color streaks appear, adding more dye until the desired color level is reached.
- Spread the flour on a plate and place it in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Add it to the bowl, half a cup at a time, and stir until fully combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to serve, top with red heart sprinkles, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 315mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/