Unleash your inner bartender and add a twist of fun to your next gathering with Jolly Rancher Vodka. This delightful concoction is the perfect union of nostalgic childhood candy and adult sophistication, resulting in a vibrant and flavorful spirit that’s sure to excite your taste buds.
Combining the succulent taste of your favorite Jolly Rancher candies with the smoothness of vodka, this magical mixology marvel is not just a drink, but a joyful experience. And perfect for your next party!
So, buckle up, because I’m about to take you on a whimsical journey of creating your very own Jolly Rancher Vodka, a festive spirit that brings fun, flavor, and a refreshing twist to any occasion.
The best part is, it’s just two ingredients!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Jolly Rancher Vodka and how is it made?
Jolly Rancher Vodka is a homemade flavored vodka that infuses the vibrant, fruity flavors of Jolly Rancher candies into vodka. It’s made by dissolving Jolly Rancher candies of your chosen flavor in vodka and allowing the mixture to infuse over time, usually a few hours to a few days depending on the intensity of flavor desired.
How long should I let my Jolly Rancher candies dissolve in vodka for the best taste?
Generally, the candies should be allowed to dissolve in vodka for at least 24 hours. However, the duration can vary depending on the intensity of flavor you prefer. The longer you let it infuse, the stronger the flavor will be. I’ve let mine infuse for a week before for the best taste.
How many Jolly Rancher candies do I need to make Jolly Rancher Vodka?
Typically, around 5-6 candies per 1 cup (8oz) of vodka works well. However, this can be adjusted based on personal preference for sweetness and flavor intensity. For this recipe, I used 10 Jolly Ranchers to 16 oz of vodka. If you want a stronger taste, add more jolly ranchers. If you want a lighter taste, add less.
Can I mix different flavors of Jolly Ranchers when making Jolly Rancher Vodka?
Absolutely! You can mix and match different flavors of Jolly Ranchers to create your own unique vodka infusion. Just remember to keep track of the flavors you’re combining to ensure they complement each other well. For example, a watermelon lime flavor would be yummy! Blue raspberry is tasty on its own.
What cocktails can I make with Jolly Rancher Vodka?
Jolly Rancher Vodka is a versatile spirit that can be used in a variety of cocktails. Try it in a fruity Martini, a vibrant Cosmopolitan, or use it to add a splash of color and flavor to a classic Moscow Mule. The possibilities are as endless as your creativity! You can even just take a Jolly Rancher shot as it’s entirely delicious on its own.
What other candies can I use in Vodka?
Other than Jolly Rancher candy, you can use Skittles the same way to make Skittles Vodka.
Ingredients Needed to Make Jolly Rancher Vodka
You will also need 16-24 oz mason jars with lids.
How to Make Jolly Rancher Vodka
Begin by opening your bag of Jolly Ranchers and dump them out onto a table.
I like to sort the colors into separate piles to make unwrapping them easy but you can skip this step if you’d rather.
Next, unwrap your jolly ranchers and place candies in the bottom of your mason jar. Ensure you are using just 1 color of Jolly Ranchers per jar.
Next, fill the jar up with the bottle of Vodka to the edge where the threads start (where the lid goes on).
Allow the Jolly Ranchers to infuse with the Vodka by placing your jar in a cool, dry place for one week or until the jolly ranchers have dissolved.
About halfway through, give them a good shake.
Use right away or store in the fridge or pantry until ready to be used.
Things to Note:
- This candied vodka lasts for a long time (I’ve made it to two months before it was completely gone). So, follow the guidelines for regular vodka, and you should be good to go.
- When the jolly ranchers dissolve, they will sit at the bottom. Just give it a shake before each use and you’ll get the perfect mixture of flavor.
- I usually give my vodka a good shake and then pour them into new jars for storage.
- Some pieces of jolly rancher might stick to the bottom of each jar. Soaking with a dab of Dawn dish soap and hot water cleans them right up.
- Beware: I bought a giant bag of jolly ranchers and they only gave me TWO cherry ones and just enough Watermelon. So, if you’re really hoping for a cherry flavored jar of jolly rancher vodka, you’ll want to find just a bag of the cherry to ensure you’ll have enough. You might follow suit with watermelon as well.
Reasons Why We Love This Recipe:
- It is delicious
- Is an easy recipe to make ahead of time
- The finished product is pretty to look at and delicious
- It will impress party guests with its fruity taste and vibrant colors
- 10 Jolly Ranchers of the Same Color
- 14-16 Ounces Vodka
- Begin by opening your bag of Jolly Ranchers and dump them out onto a table.
- I like to sort the colors into separate piles to make unwrapping them easy but you can skip this step if you'd rather.
- Next, unwrap your jolly ranchers and place candies in the bottom of your mason jar. Ensure you are using just 1 color of Jolly Ranchers per jar.
- Next, fill the jar up with the bottle of Vodka to the edge where the threads start (where the lid goes on).
- Allow the Jolly Ranchers to infuse with the Vodka by placing your jar in a cool, dry place for one week or until the jolly ranchers have dissolved.
- About halfway through, give them a good shake.
- Use right away or store in the fridge or pantry until ready to be used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1805Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/