This Copycat McDonald’s Big Mac Sauce Recipe is the secret sauce your homemade burgers need. It is easy to make and uses simple ingredients. You’ll have the perfect burger like it came from a fast food restaurant in no time.
Everyone knows that McDonald’s special sauce is what makes the Big Mac. Taste buds love that tangy sauce slathered over a burger patty and can you blame them?
Well, next time you’re craving that dreamy sauce, opt to making your own big mac sauce.
This homemade big mac sauce recipe is the real deal. It has the best flavor and is perfect for serving up at barbecues, family gatherings and anytime you feel like firing up the grill.
This is one of those special sauce recipes you’ll want to keep handy!
- You can use dill relish instead of sweet, but you’ll miss an aspect to the flavor without that touch of sweetness. You can add a small amount of sugar to the mixture to make up for it. I would start with ¼ teaspoon and go from there. White granulated sugar is best.
- This sauce tastes its best when it has chilled in the fridge for 24 hours. All the flavors get to really mix together, but it’s still great when used right after making.
- I do not suggest freezing this recipe as it changes the texture of the sauce once thawed.
- I do not suggest using miracle whip in place of the real mayo as it changes the flavor of the sauce quite a bit.
- Store leftover sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Ingredients Needed to McDonald’s Big Mac Sauce
- Real Mayo
- Sweet Pickle Relish
- Yellow Mustard
- White Vinegar
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
How to Make McDonald’s Big Mac Sauce at Home
This homemade sauce tastes like the real thing. Simply mix all of the ingredients together and slap onto some cooked beef patties on top of a sesame seed bun.
You can serve alongside your favorite onion rings or french fries. This is also a great sauce to use in Big Mac Salad Bowls and is great as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders too.
- ½ Cup Real Mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet Relish
- ½ Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon White Vinegar
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 201Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/