Sometimes you want something that is quick, easy, and fun to make with the kids! These Bite Sized Taco Salads bring all of that to the table and more!
Here in Utah we love our Salsa which includes using fresh tomatoes, avocado, and jalapeños. Instead of making salsa, I decided to use those same fresh ingredients to make these bite size taco salads. And let me tell you, they are like an explosion of flavor in your mouth! The main ingredient is Hormel Chili with Beans so they are loaded with meat and beans. Then they are packed full of vegetables all in a bite sized, crunchy shell.
These are so terribly easy to make and can be made in less than 10 minutes from start to finish. Perfect for those times your kiddos and husband are screaming for dinner! Plus these are DELICIOUS. I mean I made a tray and they were gone in just a few minutes. You could certainly say they are family approved!
How to Make Bite Size Taco Salads
- 2 Cans Hormel Chili with Beans
- Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- Shredded Cheese
- Jalapeno, diced
- Onion, diced
- Cut up all your fresh ingredients and set aside.
- Cook your Hormel Chili with Beans on the stovetop until they are heated all the way through.
- Remove fillo shells from package and bake for 4 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Remove shells from oven and fill with a teaspoon of the Hormel Chili with Beans.
- Add your fresh vegetables.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This post was made possible by HORMEL® Chili who has shared over 50 regional ways to enjoy chili on their website and Facebook page to show fans Chili Nation, a nation that has declared their love for all things chili! Visit the HORMEL® Chili website for a sampling of recipes and chili pairings from every state, it also features videos, quizzes, and ways to save with coupons!
Looking for more tasty recipes? Check out more below!