Sometimes you just need a recipe that is simple to make. These Simple Oven Tacos are perfect for when you are on a time crunch or want to make dinner without all the effort.
Tacos are one of those foods that pretty much everyone likes. They are easy to make and can be customized to your liking. Although they are not the healthiest food, you can use healthier ingredients. You can use turkey ground meat and fresh vegetables to lower your calorie intake. You can also opt for white corn taco shells instead of yellow corn. Don’t these just sound delicious now? Check out the recipe below!
What You Will Need to Make Simple Oven Tacos:
- 1 lb Ground Beef (turkey is a healthier option)
- 5 oz Rotel Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 8 oz Refried Beans
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 box Corn Taco Shells
- 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Your favorite toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, etc.)
How to Make Simple Oven Tacos:
- In a large skillet brown your ground beef. Once cooked, drain the fat out and replace into pan.
- Add seasoning, beans, tomatoes and ½ cup water. Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to 400.
- Fill shells and arrange in 9×13″ baking dish.
- Evenly distribute about half of the cheese over the tacos.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with toppings and remaining cheese.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Looking for more great recipes? Check out more below!