Get ready to dazzle your whole family with a Copycat Chick-fil-A Crispy Chicken Sandwich that’s as close to the real thing as it gets, complete with the secret to that irresistible, slightly tangy Chick-fil-A sauce.
When it comes to making chicken sandwiches at home, it may seem like a daunting taste but once you’ve made it, you’ll never want to go back.
Not only has fast food become a small fortune, but making a homemade chick fil a chicken sandwich also allows you to control the ingredients allowing you to make a healthier version.
And the best part is, you can make this any day of the week. No more cravings on Sunday’s that can’t be fulfilled.
So, grab your apron and get ready to make this delicious recipe.
- You can use any oil you like to fry in, for true Chick-Fil-A taste use peanut oil, but any hot oil will work.
- You want to use a butter cracker like ritz in this recipe.
- Dill pickle juice will give you the truest flavor.
- Serve alongside a side salad or your favorite french fries or tater tots. I prefer frozen waffle fries.
- You do not need an egg wash or egg mixture to make this recipe.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. These reheat great in the air fryer.
Ingredients Needed to Chick-fil-a Crispy Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken cutlets – Can also use chicken breasts but make sure to pound the chicken breasts with a meat mallet til it’s a bit thinner
- Dill Pickle juice – This is often referred to as the secret ingredient behind Chick-fil-a chicken
- Crackers – Townhouse or Ritz crackers work best
- All Purpose Flour
- Black Pepper
- Powdered sugar
- Peanut oil- For those with nut allergies, use vegetable oil, olive oil, or canola oil
- Brioche buns
- Lettuce, pickle slices, sauce for topping
- Paper towels
- Deep fryer, frying pan or air fryer basket
How to Make Chick-fil-A Crispy Chicken Sandwiches at Home
Start by making your milk mixture and allow the chicken pieces to soak for a minimum of 1 hour.
Once your chicken has soaked, make your flour mixture and coat your chicken in the breading.
Cook the chicken until it is golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
Assemble your sandwich and top off with your favorite Chick-fil-A sauce, pickles and lettuce. Enjoy!
- 4 chicken cutlets, these are a bit thinner than chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup pickle juice
- 1 sleeve crackers such as townhouse or ritz
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Peanut oil for frying for those with nut allergies use your regular oil, it will still be delicious!
- 4 brioche buns
- Lettuce, pickles, sauce for topping
- Mix the milk and pickle juice and add the chicken and let sit 30 mins to an hour.
- In a food processor pulse the crackers until fine.
- To a large bowl combine the cracker crumbs, breadcrumbs, flour, paprika, pepper, salt and powdered sugar.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the cracker mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add about an inch of your oil.
- Fry the chicken cutlets about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and a meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place your chicken on a brioche bun and serve with toppings!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1092Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 290mgSodium: 3056mgCarbohydrates: 122gFiber: 7gSugar: 36gProtein: 60g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/