Grinch Shots are the perfect festive drinks to serve up at your next Christmas party. They require just 3-ingredients to make and are so simple, you can make them in minutes!
When it comes to Christmas parties, I like to think that I am the Queen of all things Grinch.
My Grinch recipes are always a huge hit and every year, I test and try something new that will wow a crowd.
This year, these Grinch themed shots are sure to make the hearts of everyone grow three sizes. They are cute, festive and can put anyone in the holiday spirit.
Make these for a drinking game and I am sure it will add a festive touch to your holiday celebrations.
- You can use smaller shot glasses as the mixture will still be perfectly even either way.
- These can be made in advance and stored in the fridge, in a sealed container. Of course, outside the fridge would be fine as well, but I feel the better outcome is when the ingredients have remained chilled. It just tastes fresher. If making in advance, do not add the cherries. Only add those when ready to serve.
- If you’re not a fan of coconut rum, you can swap it out for another clear alcohol, but it’s important to note that this change can drastically alter the taste of the shot. Vodka, white rum or tequila would work.
- If you can’t find Midori, another green melon liqueur should be fine. Green Hawaiian Punch or green prepared Kool-Aid has been a hit as well, although these two options make for a much weaker, sweeter shot.
- If your ingredients are chilled and you want cold shots, simply pop a couple chunks of ice in your shaker and use a strainer to pour the shots so the ice doesn’t come with it.
What You Need to Make Grinch Shots
- Midori – This gives the shots a perfect bright green color
- Coconut Rum – This pairs so well with the Midori for a fruity flavor
- Maraschino Cherries (optional) – These look cute and symbolize Grinch’s heart
You will also need:
How to Make Grinch Shots for Christmas
These Christmas shots are so easy to make. Simply add the ingredients into a cocktail shaker, give it a quick shake and pour into shot glasses.
Add the maraschino cherry to the bottom of each shot glass for a festive flare.
- 4 Ounces Midori
- 4 Ounces Coconut Rum
- 4 Maraschino Cherries (optional)
- Add the Midori and coconut rum to a cocktail shaker.
- Give it a light shake and pour evenly into 4 shot glasses (more if your glasses are smaller).
- Remove the stems of the cherries and place one in the bottom of each shot glass (you can do this before pouring, if desired).
- Serve and Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 59Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/