Looking for a unique and refreshing dessert that will tantalize your taste buds? Look no further than Mountain Dew Ice Cream! This inventive twist on a classic treat combines the tangy, citrusy flavor of everyone’s favorite soda with the cool, creamy goodness of ice cream.
The best part is, this is a no-churn ice cream recipe making it easy to make!
Whether you’re a die-hard Mountain Dew fan or just looking for a fun and innovative dessert to serve at your next gathering, this homemade ice cream is sure to be a hit.
Have you ever wanted to make your own ice cream but don’t have an ice cream machine?
The good news is that you can still make delicious homemade ice cream with just a few ingredients and your freezer!
All you need to do is make a no-churn version of classic mountain dew ice cream. This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and it’s sure to be a hit with the whole family.
And if you like this, you’re going to love these Mountain Dew Biscuits, 2-Ingredient Mountain Dew Cake, Mountain Dew Mimosa, and Mountain Dew Baja Blast Jello Shots.
Mountain Dew Ice Cream Ingredients
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Mountain Dew
- Vanilla extract
- Green gel food coloring
- Yellow gel food coloring
You will also need:
- A large bowl
- Electric mixer (I use my KitchenAid mixer)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Diet Mountain Dew?
Yes. You can use diet Mountain Dew or even Mountain Dew Zero instead of the regular Mountain Dew. You can also use different flavors of Mountain Dew too!
Do I have to use food coloring?
Not at all. Just keep in mind, if you don’t use the food coloring, the ice cream will be a white color rather than a bright green, Mountain Dew color.
How to Store Leftover Mountain Dew Ice Cream
Leftover Mountain Dew Ice Cream should be stored in a covered container in the freezer. You can use an air tight container or a container that is covered to prevent freezer burn.
- You can freeze your serving bowls or containers for 30 minutes before scooping in the ice cream. This will help keep the ice cream frozen and prevent melting too quickly.
- You can add a touch of alcohol to your ice cream mixture, such as a splash of rum or Kahlua. This can help prevent the ice cream from freezing too hard and give it a smoother texture. Keep in mind, this will contain alcohol so don’t serve it to children!
- Experiment with different toppings, such as crushed cookies, chopped nuts, or a drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce. This will add an extra crunch and sweetness to your ice cream.
- Try making ice cream sandwiches with your homemade ice cream. Use your favorite cookies, such as chocolate chip or snickerdoodles, and sandwich a scoop of ice cream in between for a fun and nostalgic treat.
How to Make Homemade No Churn Mountain Dew Ice Cream
The first step is to pour the heavy whipping cream into the bowl and begin beating it with the electric mixer at medium speed until it starts to thicken.
Once it has thickened, add in the sweetened condensed milk, Mountain Dew, vanilla extract and food coloring. Continue beating until everything is well combined and stiff peaks form.
Transfer the mixture into a freezer safe container or loaf pan. Smooth out the top with a spatula then cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil.
Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours or until completely frozen.
When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before scooping into bowls or ice cream cones.
Top with sprinkles if desired or some freshly chopped nuts for added crunch!
Serve and Enjoy!
Mountain Dew Ice Cream
How to make no churn Homemade Mountain Dew Ice Cream with just a few simple ingredients.
- 1 Cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 Cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 Cup of Mountain Dew
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons green gel food coloring
- 1 teaspoon yellow gel food coloring
- The first step is to pour the heavy whipping cream into the bowl and begin beating it with the electric mixer at medium speed until it starts to thicken.
- Once it has thickened, add in the sweetened condensed milk, Mountain Dew, vanilla extract and food coloring. Continue beating until everything is well combined and stiff peaks form.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer safe container or loaf pan. Smooth out the top with a spatula then cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil.
- Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours or until completely frozen.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before scooping into bowls or ice cream cones.
- Top with sprinkles if desired or some freshly chopped nuts for added crunch!
- Serve and Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/
Sunday 2nd of April 2023
I have some Blue Mountain Dew I’ll need to try this recipe for.
Thursday 23rd of March 2023
I'm going to try this this weekend my mom is a mountain dew fanatic! Thank you for sharing.