This TikTok Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream recipe has taken the internet by storm and has been featured on numerous TikTok feeds, and it’s easy to see why. Combining the nostalgia factor of a favorite childhood snack with the classic appeal of vanilla ice cream, it’s an inventive treat that’s fun to make and even more fun to eat.
This TikTok trend is perfect for hot summer days or when you’re just craving a burst of fruity flavor. It is a twist on traditional ice cream that is sure to tickle your taste buds.
I bet the manufacturer of fruit roll-ups has been wondering why pounds of fruit roll-ups have been selling out at stores. This viral food trend is to blame and honestly, we are not sorry!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the main ingredient used to make the TikTok viral Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream?
The main ingredient used to make the viral TikTok Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream is Fruit Roll-Ups candies.
What makes the TikTok Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream different from traditional ice cream?
The TikTok Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream is different from traditional ice cream because it uses Fruit Roll-Ups candies as a wrap or coating, adding a fruity and sweet flavor. It has a single fruit roll-up wrapped around a scoop of ice cream to make a unique ice cream sandwich treat.
How did the TikTok Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream trend start?
The TikTok Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream trend started when TikTok users posted videos showing how they made ice cream using Fruit Roll-Ups as a colorful, fun and tasty addition. Tiktoker @trinhdoesthings has posted several TikTok videos using different flavor combinations of the treats.
Are there any variations to the TikTok Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream recipe?
Yes, there are many variations to the TikTok Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream recipe. Some people add additional toppings like sprinkles or chocolate chips, others use different types of candy or flavors of ice cream. For example, you can use a strawberry fruit roll-up and breyers mango ice cream for a strawberry/mango flavor. Try this sweet treat with different ice cream flavors. Possibilities are virtually endless.
Is it easy to prepare TikTok Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream at home?
Yes, it’s easy to prepare TikTok Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream at home. All you need is Fruit Roll-Ups and your favorite ice cream. It can be a fun activity to do with kids.
Are there any health concerns regarding the TikTok Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream?
The TikTok Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream, while fun and tasty, is a treat and should be enjoyed in moderation due to its high sugar content. The cold ice cream also causes a hardened fruit roll-up meaning it can be hard to chew. So, for your sugar intake and sake of your teeth, enjoy this treat in moderation.
Ingredients Needed to Make Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream
- Box of Rainbow Fruit Roll Ups
- Vanilla Ice Cream
You can also use a spoon and the backside of a spoon.
How to Make Fruit Roll-Ups Ice Cream
Carefully roll out the fruit roll up and lay it flat on top of the plastic you unwrapped it from.
Using a 1-inch cookie scoop or something that’s the same size, place a dollop of ice cream right in the middle of the roll up.
Using something with a flat bottom (I just used my measuring cup) lightly flatten the dollop of ice cream. Don’t smash it too much.
Lastly, fold the fruit roll up over the ice cream like you would the top of a box. Fold it in on the sides then fold in the top and bottom last. It will make a nice square/sandwich.
Eat immediately and enjoy!
Things to Note:
- Do not try to make these in advance. They will turn so sticky and messy if you do. They must be eaten right away.
- You don’t want already partially melted ice cream for this recipe. For the best results, start with ice cream straight from the freezer.
- The fruit roll up will get hard and break easily once the ice cream is added. This is because it cools it significantly, and that’s normal. Makes it easier to take bites anyways.
- These are a little messy. Definitely not something for a car ride or sitting on the couch unless you have a plate to hold under it and a wet wipe handy. They’re super good though, so it’s worth the little mess.
- Fruit roll ups are a pain in the hiney when it comes to unwrapping them without some of the edges not wanting to fully unroll. So, I simply stretch those parts gently to ensure the ice cream gets fully covered. If not, it will melt out the back and make it harder and messier to eat.
- It doesn’t take much ice cream, so even smaller sized ice creams should do an entirebox of fruit roll ups.
Reasons Why We Love This Recipe:
- It is delicious
- Is an easy recipe to make (even the kids can help)
- It requires just 2 ingredients
- It is a frozen fruit roll-up hack worth trying
- 1 Rainbow Fruit Roll Up
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
- Carefully roll out the fruit roll up and lay it flat on top of the plastic you unwrapped it from.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop or something that’s the same size, place a dollop of ice cream right in the middle of the roll up.
- Using something with a flat bottom (I just used my measuring cup) lightly flatten the dollop of ice cream. Don’t smash it too much.
- Lastly, fold the fruit roll up over the ice cream like you would the top of a box. Fold it in on the sides then fold in the top and bottom last. It will make a nice square/sandwich.
- Eat immediately and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/