Nutter Butter Turkey Cookies are a fun treat to make for Thanksgiving. These are easy to make and require just 6 ingredients. It’s a fun Thanksgiving dessert even the kids can help make!
These turkey nutter butter cookies make a festive treat to serve after your Thanksgiving dinner.
The best part is, these adorable cookies are no bake so no need to heat up the oven again!
Make these Thanksgiving turkey cookies for a school party, to give to family and friends and enjoy for Thanksgiving festivities. They are sure to be a huge hit simply because they are cute little turkey cookies!
- Store these cookies in a plastic bag or an airtight container on the counter (at room temperature). If the cookie has any exposure to moisture, it is tough to keep the candy melts attached. Also, store away from any heat source as these will melt.
- You can freeze these cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Unwrap and thaw on the counter in a dry place.
- The orange sprinkles used were the Sweet Tooth Citrus Shapes.
- I used Wilton Brand Candy Eyeballs
- I used Wilton Brand Candy Melts in yellow and bright red.
- Be careful not to burn your candy melts or they will seize and you won’t be able to use them. Melt in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
What You Need to Make Easy Turkey Cookies
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Candy Corn
- Wilton Red Candy Melts
- Wilton Yellow Candy Melts
- Orange Round Sprinkle Shapes
- Candy Eyeballs
You will also need:
- Small microwave safe mixing bowl
- Piping bag with small tip (can also use a Ziploc baggie with the end snipped off)
How to Make Nutter Butter Turkey Cookies
These nutter butter turkeys use the peanut butter sandwich cookies and melted chocolate to attach candy corn for the tail feathers (turkey feathers).
You then add the mini candy eyes and sprinkles for the rest of the turkey features.
Once you make your first turkey cookie, the process will be much easier and faster for the rest!
Serve and Enjoy!
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- 108 pieces of candy corn
- 1/2 cup red candy melts
- 12 yellow candy melts
- 24 orange round sprinkle shapes
- 24 candy eyeballs
- In a small microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the red candy melts in the microwave. Melt in 30-second intervals at 50% power. Stir between each interval. This will take roughly 4-5 minutes.
- Put the melted candy melts in a piping bag and use the candy melts to attach 9 candy corns to the outside edge of one side of the cookie. You want the narrow end of the candy corn to be facing inward. Allow to set for 3 minutes.
- Flip the cookie over and using the melted candy, attach two eyes. Use the red melted candy to create a little “wattle” leading from the eyes and immediately press 2 orange round sprinkles to create a little beak. Allow the face to set for 3 minutes.
- Place a dollop of the red melted candy at the base of the cookie and press one of the yellow candy melts into it to create a base. This will allow the cookie to stand upright.
- Allow to set for 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 6gSugar: 55gProtein: 4g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice. You may read our Nutritional Disclaimer here: https://www.simplisticallyliving.com/nutritional-disclaimer/