These Grinch Hot Cocoa Bombs are the perfect way to make a warm drink for the holidays that will have your heart growing three sizes!
We love The Grinch in our house and every year we spend time creating delicious Grinch Green recipes that are fun to make and are quite tasty.
This recipe teaches you how to make hot cocoa bombs which is all the rage right now especially on TikTok.
However, this recipe has a twist – instead of milk chocolate, we are using bright green vanilla wafers and instead of milk chocolate cocoa, we use white chocolate cocoa! Then we add a tiny red heart sprinkle for the perfect hot cocoa bomb for the holidays!
This is an idea I came up with on my own and it hasn’t been done anywhere so I really hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Grinch Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Bright green candy melts – I prefer the Wilton brand but as long as they are green, any will do.
- Red Heart Sprinkles – I prefer for the Wilton brand
- White Hot Chocolate Mix – I prefer Ghirardelli or Stephen’s. You can also use milk chocolate but it will change the color of your hot cocoa.
- Mini Marshmallows
- Microwave Safe Bowls
- Silicone 8-Cavity Round Ball Mold
How to Make Grinch Hot Cocoa Bombs
Step One: Melt your candy melts in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until melted.
Step Two: Use a spoon to fill the cavities of the silicone mold and use the backend of the spoon to spread it around the inside. Allow to set for a few minutes.
Step Three: Use the spoon again to fill any spots that need to be filled. You can add more chocolate as needed.
Step Four: Set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden.
Step Five: Gently remove the chocolate balls from the mold by pressing gently on the backside of the mold.
Step Six: Using a hot plate, rub the top of the chocolate ball to get it a little melted.
Step Seven: Quickly fill the chocolate balls with the white hot chocolate mix and mini marshmallows.
Step Eight: Use a hot plate on the other side of the ball to melt and then press the two sides together. Use your finger to spread the chocolate around the seal.
Step Nine: Reheat your leftover chocolate (if hardened) and use a tiny bit to stick the red heart sprinkle to the outside of the hot chocolate bomb. If the plate is still hot, you can dip the heart sprinkle into that melted chocolate and apply to the cocoa bomb.
Step Ten: Refrigerate for another 30 minutes to allow the Grinch hot chocolate bomb to harden.
Step Eleven: To make Grinch Hot Chocolate, you can plop it into a hot cup of milk or pour hot milk over the chocolate bomb and watch it melt away. Then stir and enjoy!
A Few Things To Note:
- Avoid getting the candy melts wet (as in with water) or they will seize and will be ruined.
- The chocolate bombs need to be stored somewhere cool or they will melt.
- Avoid holding or touching the hot cocoa bombs for too long or they will melt in your hands.
- To make a hot plate, place a microwave safe plate inside the microwave for 30 seconds and check on it. If it’s hot enough, remove with a heat resistant mitten. If not, heat for another 30 seconds until hot.
- You do not need to spray the silicone mold with cooking spray, the hot cocoa bombs pop right out without any extra steps.
- You can place them inside sealed bags for gift giving.
More Hot Cocoa Recipes You’ll Love!
- Grinch Hot Chocolate (It is a bit different than this recipe)
- Hocus Pocus Hot Cocoa
- Elsa’s Frozen Hot Cocoa
- Crockpot Hot Cocoa
- Vampire’s Blood Hot Cocoa
- 1 Cup Bright Green Melting Candy
- 1 Tablespoon White Hot Chocolate Cocoa Mix
- 1/2 Tablespoon Mini Marshmallows
- Heart Candy Sprinkles
- First, start by placing your green candy melts into a microwave safe bowl and stick into the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Complete this until all of the candy melts are melted.
- Use a spoon to spoon small amounts of the melted chocolate into the cavities of the silicone mold. You want to push the chocolate up the sides of the mold using the back of the spoon.
- Allow the chocolate to sit and start to harden for a few minutes then use the backend of the spoon to spread the chocolate into any spots you see need to be covered. You want a decent layer of chocolate so the balls don't break once you remove them. You can reheat more chocolate to use as needed.
- Place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes and allow the chocolate to set.
- Gently remove the chocolate balls from the mold by pressing gently on the backside of the mold.
- Using a hot plate, rub the top of the chocolate ball to get it a little melted.
- Quickly fill the chocolate balls with the white hot chocolate mix and mini marshmallows.
- Use a hot plate on the other side of the ball to melt and then press the two sides together.
- Reheat your leftover chocolate (if hardened) and use a tiny bit to stick the red heart sprinkle to the outside of the hot chocolate bomb.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes to allow the Grinch hot chocolate bomb to harden.
- To make Grinch Hot Chocolate, you can plop it into a hot cup of milk or pour hot milk over the chocolate bomb and watch it melt away. Then stir and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.